Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Witcher 2 Might Be Out For Linux Real Soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Ouch, not like they couldn't've afforded a blur on top.

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by curaga View Post
      Ouch, not like they couldn't've afforded a blur on top.
      For a game that is otherwise pretty gorgeous (and is aging quite well IMO, unlike Skyrim which was pretty bad on release), the dithered shadows is a real eyesore. I wouldn't mind having it as an option for lower end machines, but a more conventional shadowing effect would be preferably if it is technically possible for the engine. I'd even take the F.E.A.R. brute force method of layering translucent textures.

      Comment


      • #43
        I see JPEG compression artifacts but no problem with the shadows…

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by stqn View Post
          I see JPEG compression artifacts but no problem with the shadows…
          Nope, they are not JPEG artifacts, at the edge of the shadows there is dither when "Sharpen" is actived in the settings. Disabling it makes it go away.

          Comment


          • #45
            Some FXAA tests from way back, read info in the lower right side, click on the cog in the upper right side -> View Full resolution: http://imgur.com/a/SpScJ#0

            It gets fixed using Ubersampling but that means you have a powerful GPU to begin with: http://is.gd/M3UOEU & http://is.gd/ZJOAqw & http://is.gd/OD0zT9 & http://is.gd/CG4L3k & http://is.gd/ZuTy3z
            Last edited by Licaon; 03-23-2014, 07:16 AM.

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by randomizer View Post
              Percentage-Closer Filtering with large sampling area I guess. Not much you can do about it.

              Comment


              • #47
                today i had to restart steam just to see that witcher 2 got removed from my linux list, when i got to the steamdb page i can see that linux got removed from the witcher 2 entry does that mean that witcher 2 does not come to linux?

                sorry if my english is bad i hope it's still undertandable

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by Culted View Post
                  today i had to restart steam just to see that witcher 2 got removed from my linux list, when i got to the steamdb page i can see that linux got removed from the witcher 2 entry does that mean that witcher 2 does not come to linux?

                  sorry if my english is bad i hope it's still undertandable
                  It's (probably) still coming, they just removed it from Steam for whatever reason.
                  It's going to be re-added when it's out - aka (likely) when gog start selling Linux games.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Actually love that game, tried playing it in linux on wine but at average 10 fps at all settings and 17 frames at lowest settings & VGA resolution, it was quite unplayable.
                    Any idea wheather they added opengl renderer or merely optimized dx engine via their togl translation layer?

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
                      Actually love that game, tried playing it in linux on wine but at average 10 fps at all settings and 17 frames at lowest settings & VGA resolution, it was quite unplayable.
                      Any idea wheather they added opengl renderer or merely optimized dx engine via their togl translation layer?
                      What hardware do you have? You'll ideally have a midrange or greater nvidia GPU and a fast CPU. CSMT is also a must, it gives a large performance boost with this game (IIRC it was close to +100% on my system)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X