The Witcher 2 Might Be Out For Linux Real Soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randomizer View Post
    Percentage-Closer Filtering with large sampling area I guess. Not much you can do about it.

Comment

today i had to restart steam just to see that witcher 2 got removed from my linux list, when i got to the steamdb page i can see that linux got removed from the witcher 2 entry does that mean that witcher 2 does not come to linux?

sorry if my english is bad i hope it's still undertandable

Comment

Originally posted by Culted View Post
        today i had to restart steam just to see that witcher 2 got removed from my linux list, when i got to the steamdb page i can see that linux got removed from the witcher 2 entry does that mean that witcher 2 does not come to linux?

sorry if my english is bad i hope it's still undertandable
        It's (probably) still coming, they just removed it from Steam for whatever reason.
        It's going to be re-added when it's out - aka (likely) when gog start selling Linux games.

Comment

Actually love that game, tried playing it in linux on wine but at average 10 fps at all settings and 17 frames at lowest settings & VGA resolution, it was quite unplayable.
          Any idea wheather they added opengl renderer or merely optimized dx engine via their togl translation layer?

Comment

Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
            Actually love that game, tried playing it in linux on wine but at average 10 fps at all settings and 17 frames at lowest settings & VGA resolution, it was quite unplayable.
            Any idea wheather they added opengl renderer or merely optimized dx engine via their togl translation layer?
            What hardware do you have? You'll ideally have a midrange or greater nvidia GPU and a fast CPU. CSMT is also a must, it gives a large performance boost with this game (IIRC it was close to +100% on my system)

Comment

Working...
            X