GOG.com Will Begin Offering Linux Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Oh, so you mean the "download" buttons. They're quite there. Nobody would ever have it any other way, so it would be pointless to assign any PR name to it.
    There are still people on kickstarter who tell you you’ll have to choose one platform for your digital copy of the game…

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
      There are still people on kickstarter who tell you you’ll have to choose one platform for your digital copy of the game…
      Huh. That's pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        Huh. That's pretty sad.
        It's sad, but it's unfortunately common. For example, Sony charges 10$ to give you a PS4 version of a PS3 game you've already paid full price for. Also, you'll need to pay again if you want a XBox version of a PS game you already own. Steam was a bit of an exception because it's one distributor for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Comment

Loki?

I haven't been able to find out anything one way or the other on this. Does anyone know if gog will be bringing over the old Loki titles? I'd love to have an updated SimCity 3000! Alpha Centauri, Shogo (which I think never saw a formal release before they tanked), etc would also be fun.

Comment

They haven't mentioned any details yet. Maybe they won't until August. I'd expect them to not share a lot of details until E3, at least.

Comment

Fine to see gog not being left behind. I love that company for offering a lot of old and indie games and always DRM free. Just Linux versions were missing. This is definitely some good news.

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
                It's probably just the dosbox stuff, but hey, baby steps
                That in it self would be awsome. I am quite disapointed we haven't seen more dosbox wrapped games on steam also being avalible for linux

Comment

But basically you could already extract the DOS game from the package and copy maybe the dosbox config for the game an apply it to your Linux dosbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                    But basically you could already extract the DOS game from the package and copy maybe the dosbox config for the game an apply it to your Linux dosbox.
                    Yeah so why dont they make it worth my money an do this for me

Comment

It was a long, hard battle, but GOG has finally lost the will to resist and is now willing to make money.

Comment

Working...
                      X