Razer's DeathAdder 6400 DPI Gaming Mouse On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Personally, I'm not fond of generic devices that REQUIRE 3rd party drivers, even in Windows. I also don't care for a DPI that high, and I don't like spending a lot of money on a product that will break down around the same time as something worth less than half the price (assuming I take care of it).

I don't hate the Razer company, I just never found their products appealing to me personally.
    At least my classic DeathAdder never requires any 3rd party drivers, not on Linux and not on Windows. In fact, it's been years since I installed any Razer tools (I just don't see much point in that), Linux and Windows both. As for breaking down, my friend has a Copperhead mouse and it's still working fine last I heard. And it's been years (a decade at the very least) since it was purchased. My DeathAdder was purchased on 2009 and still works just as fine right now (meanwhile regular mice that my parents use keep dying every year).

Comment

At first I thought, great, an article about this mouse I was considering, I?ll know how it works under Linux? but no, there is no information about that. It?s nice to know there is a tool for other models of Razer mice and not this one I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
        At first I thought, great, an article about this mouse I was considering, I?ll know how it works under Linux? but no, there is no information about that. It?s nice to know there is a tool for other models of Razer mice and not this one I guess?
        The mouse works on Linux but you lack any of the special features... Not too much to add beyond that compared to my earlier DeathAdder article.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

When I was shopping for a mouse I looked at Linux compatibility but one thing was higher on my list; left-handedness.

Bought the Razer Naga 2014 Left-Handed and couldn't be happier (well, a colour-changing LED would've been nice...). The buttons on the side default to the numpad, so it was easy to map my game functions to them. No drivers needed, just plug'n'play like all good USB things should be.

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
            I've generally found that 'gaming' equipment lasts longer that cheap counterparts, but I'm probably comparing opposite ends of the scale. I tend not to be bothered about the cost of a keyboard/mouse so much as how it feels to use it - given how often I use them both I'll happily pay extra for something I like the feel of.
            My personal experience says otherwise.

Received a Lycosa as a present and it decided to kill itself after the 13th month. So cannot even go to claim warranty on it.

The DeathAdder didn't last much longer either. At this rate it's more economical to replace cheap keyboards and mice yearly than spend top dollar on gaming-grade peripherals that don't even last beyond the second year.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverusiv View Post
              When I was shopping for a mouse I looked at Linux compatibility but one thing was higher on my list; left-handedness.

Bought the Razer Naga 2014 Left-Handed and couldn't be happier (well, a colour-changing LED would've been nice...). The buttons on the side default to the numpad, so it was easy to map my game functions to them. No drivers needed, just plug'n'play like all good USB things should be.
              I'm just curious but for games that involve a mouse+keyboard, how exactly do you play them? I'm assuming you don't use WASD since that'll be somewhat limiting. Do you use PL;'? Personally, I'm cross-handed, but I learned to use a mouse with my right hand so that's typically what I use (though, I use laptop trackpads and sometimes touchscreens with my left hand), but surprisingly this thought never came to me until now.

Comment

I'm just curious but for games that involve a mouse+keyboard, how exactly do you play them? I'm assuming you don't use WASD since that'll be somewhat limiting. Do you use PL;'? Personally, I'm cross-handed, but I learned to use a mouse with my right hand so that's typically what I use (though, I use laptop trackpads and sometimes touchscreens with my left hand), but surprisingly this thought never came to me until now.
                He could always just place the mouse to the left of the keyboard, shift the keyboard further to the right and continue using WASD.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                  He could always just place the mouse to the left of the keyboard, shift the keyboard further to the right and continue using WASD.
                  with his right hand? That is doable but depending on the game, that somewhat limits your controls. Also, the thumb would rest comfortably around the start button, which could get irritating really fast (if you play in windows), and you'd still have to re-map most of the controls.

Comment

and you'd still have to re-map most of the controls.
                    Just like all non-qwerty keymap users?

Comment

Even if I'm right handed that's something I would love to know, too. Especially as most games require quick access to the space bar, so
                      Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                      is a bad idea. Your idea of PL;' sounds much more likely.
                      Last edited by V10lator; 29 January 2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X