Razer's DeathAdder 6400 DPI Gaming Mouse On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaverusiv View Post
    When I was shopping for a mouse I looked at Linux compatibility but one thing was higher on my list; left-handedness.

Bought the Razer Naga 2014 Left-Handed and couldn't be happier (well, a colour-changing LED would've been nice...). The buttons on the side default to the numpad, so it was easy to map my game functions to them. No drivers needed, just plug'n'play like all good USB things should be.
    I'm just curious but for games that involve a mouse+keyboard, how exactly do you play them? I'm assuming you don't use WASD since that'll be somewhat limiting. Do you use PL;'? Personally, I'm cross-handed, but I learned to use a mouse with my right hand so that's typically what I use (though, I use laptop trackpads and sometimes touchscreens with my left hand), but surprisingly this thought never came to me until now.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      I'm just curious but for games that involve a mouse+keyboard, how exactly do you play them? I'm assuming you don't use WASD since that'll be somewhat limiting. Do you use PL;'? Personally, I'm cross-handed, but I learned to use a mouse with my right hand so that's typically what I use (though, I use laptop trackpads and sometimes touchscreens with my left hand), but surprisingly this thought never came to me until now.
      He could always just place the mouse to the left of the keyboard, shift the keyboard further to the right and continue using WASD.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
        He could always just place the mouse to the left of the keyboard, shift the keyboard further to the right and continue using WASD.
        with his right hand? That is doable but depending on the game, that somewhat limits your controls. Also, the thumb would rest comfortably around the start button, which could get irritating really fast (if you play in windows), and you'd still have to re-map most of the controls.

Comment

and you'd still have to re-map most of the controls.
          Just like all non-qwerty keymap users…

Comment

Even if I'm right handed that's something I would love to know, too. Especially as most games require quick access to the space bar, so
            Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
            is a bad idea. Your idea of PL;' sounds much more likely.
            Last edited by V10lator; 01-29-2014, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
              Even if I'm right handed that's something I would love to know, too. Especially as most games require quick access to the space bar, so

is a bad idea. Your idea of PL;' sounds much more likely.
              OKL; sounds more comfortable to me. But I'm right-handed as well, so I wouldn't know what's actually used.

Comment

I use WASD like everyone else. It isn't that restricting, and generally there isn't many games I play that use that control scheme anyway. For RPGs I map all keys to the numpad. The last FPS I played was FarCry 3 and then all you need is 1,2,3 above WASD for weapon switch, CTRL and SHIFT.

Meta key doesn't really get it in the way. With my right hand my little finger is on SPACE, thumb for CTRL and SHIFT.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                  OKL; sounds more comfortable to me. But I'm right-handed as well, so I wouldn't know what's actually used.
                  I thought of OKL; but that only makes the thumb more comfortable, but not the pinky.

Comment

Working...
                  X