Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine's Big Command Stream D3D Patch-Set Updated

Phoronix: Wine's Big Command Stream D3D Patch-Set Updated

It's been a while since last having anything to report on with the planned patch-set for Wine that provides significant Direct3D performance improvements via work on the D3D command stream. Fortunately, the patches have been updated and now offer better support as well...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No immediate plans to pull in PulseAudio support or fixes for popup window input, either... Gah...

Comment

WHY in Hell are these patches not mainlined in WINE ?!?

Is the patche's code in any way "tainted" ?!?
      If not....JUST F*****G DO IT

Comment

The CSMT code as shipped in Crossover 13 is quite good but there are cases where it had to be turned off in some crossties because the applications exhibited either weird behaviour or performance issues.

It's probably not yet integrated into Wine because they feel that the code needs a bit more work.

That being said, there's no one stopping other projects applying Stefan's patches to create custom wine builds. PlayOnLinux/Mac already does custom builds, for example.

Comment

for Arch users:

Comment

Originally posted by xpander View Post
            Currently I made a patch for 1.7.10, I try to apply it to wine-multimedia if it works I push it to the aur

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              No immediate plans to pull in PulseAudio support or fixes for popup window input, either... Gah...
              what you mean with popup window input?
              http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=32092 is a bigger issue, has anyone an idea if the stream patch may fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
                WHY in Hell are these patches not mainlined in WINE ?!?

Is the patche's code in any way "tainted" ?!?
                If not....JUST F*****G DO IT
                Posting here wont make a difference, go send a mail to the wine mailing lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
                  Currently I made a patch for 1.7.10, I try to apply it to wine-multimedia if it works I push it to the aur
                  never had the need for multimedia (pulseaudio) patches myself ..allthough im using pulseaudio also.. but i guess some need then?
                  its been working fine for me all the time without it.

Comment

Just dumping huge amount of code into our codebase is not how we operate. That invites technical and legal issues.

Anyone who looks at my patches on Github will see that there are numerous areas where work is needed. Anyone who then looks at wine-patches will see that I am submitting those patches, step by step. Anyone who compares this to the git commit log will see that they are getting committed. And anyone reading wine-devel will see where remaining challenges are.

It will take a while. Most likely months. I've uploaded the current hacky patches as a courtesy to Wine users. Enjoy :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X