Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Activision Linux Game Situation Cleared Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Morpheus View Post
    After reading this, I'm not sure the title is good. Nothing is cleared up about the Linux situation. Or just, if we see the "save the baby" statement, that Activision just isn't considering linux as a "platform" (i have a problem with that word, as it refers more on hardware than software to me) to put games on.
    indeed, they even got the guy with original post to bow with apologies right after. PR BS.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by intellivision View Post
      Activision sucks?
      Dark Reign says different.
      There were companies which were great in the past like Interplay and its famous "By gamers for gamers" slogan. Todays they betrayed their fans.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by psycho_driver View Post
        PR/Marketing people are generally wastes of oxygen. My take is that she's probably got a nice ass that the handful of guys who run the office enjoy looking at and she knows it and works it, and then throws together half-assed crap like this from time to time in an attempt at self justification.
        So, in other words there is no way a mere woman could actually be good at her job?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by psycho_driver View Post
          PR/Marketing people are generally wastes of oxygen. My take is that she's probably got a nice ass that the handful of guys who run the office enjoy looking at and she knows it and works it, and then throws together half-assed crap like this from time to time in an attempt at self justification.
          unfortunately comments like this devalue phoronix's forums and useful commentary on the situation. if pro-linux people aren't mature about these issues, they will not be taken seriously by anyone.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
            unfortunately comments like this devalue phoronix's forums and useful commentary on the situation. if pro-linux people aren't mature about these issues, they will not be taken seriously by anyone.
            Nice how you use a troll attempt to attack linux supporters.

            +1 cookie for you.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by barti_ddu View Post
              Bullshit.

              http://youtu.be/cV9oO0nqVGQ?t=4m32s

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by log0 View Post
                Nice how you use a troll attempt to attack linux supporters.

                +1 cookie for you.
                I was being serious. When I troll, you know you've been trolled.

                oh dear, I've been trolled.

                shrug.

                first world problems

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                  looks quite similar indeed.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by borsook View Post
                    -the game is to be done in Unity, so what plans? It's basically a one click away!
                    No, it's not one click away. It's one click away to compile the game for Linux, but that's not all you need. There is still plenty of testing to be done before you can claim it's ready for release. This is purely a business decision, stop the conspiracy theories.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Kivada View Post


                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Kivada View Post


                        http://youtu.be/FtEdpxbcKcQ

                        It's a pitty, embedding videos doesn't work for me :/

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Kivada View Post


                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X