Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were to create a FLOSS game, how would it be?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    sabriah: Blender or misfit3d mainly.
    Thanks!

That is two projects and one can read on misfit3d' webpage: "I do not currently have any sample 3D models available for download on this site". That is not encouraging for a beginner.

I know there are more for Blender, but still, these models are scarce for beginners.

Comment

Since MD3 is a vertex animated format, opening one you won't be able to see or edit the skeleton - that info is lost. For blender you can see the OpenArena source models, IIRC they provide the source .blend files with skeletons.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
        Since MD3 is a vertex animated format, opening one you won't be able to see or edit the skeleton - that info is lost. For blender you can see the OpenArena source models, IIRC they provide the source .blend files with skeletons.

There is some issues with the physics

Comment

Has anyone given thought of what the destiny of FLOSS game would be, if it involves competition between players in any form and happens to become even slightly popular after release. Latter would be a worthy goal, am I correct?

That game would be ironically dead after a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post

I suppose you are talking about the Linux-gamers.net Games LiveDVD, it is (or used to be) based on ArchLinux. For the "desktop" they used Fluxbox IIRC. Here's the link: http://live.linux-gamers.net/
            Yeah that's probably the one. Arch has always been a good distro for fast, and bloat free linux. Arch is killed by being updated too frequently sadly. You just have to miss an important update notice and an update can cause the distro to break. Which has happened a few times over the course of 12 years of using Arch. But I still think it's the best distro out there compared to the likes of ubuntu or fedora. It's a true tinkerers distro without being too harsh like linux from scratch.

Comment

Literally copy the Dungeon Crawl Soup Stone model.

Comment

Originally posted by Malikith View Post

I read a bit about your project on your site and it sounds like a great idea. I like the landscape artwork too. However I have a issue with your game, I know its in a very early stage but I'm just letting you know.

Now, I turned on allegrogl on in the configuration file, ran the game, so far so good. Went to host a game since theres no single player yet, and when I get into the game, this is what happens:

getmodnow
                Is there something I'm supposed to do?
                can you be more detailed? What error or error message did you get when you entered the game? I'm happy to help in my area

Comment

Working...
                X