Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro Last Light Now Available For Steam On Linux

Phoronix: Metro Last Night Now Available For Steam On Linux

We knew it was coming and today it finally is publicly available... Metro: Last Light is available for Linux gamers via Valve's Steam client...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUwMzk

WOO!

Downloading now

We have an AAA game friends

Comment

Would like to know what the quality of the port is. Will buy it now. Can someone compare the game to the Windows version? (graphics quality)

Comment

Or should I wait until the GTX860 releases

Comment

One word:

BENCHMARKS.

I NEED to see benchmarks of this. Benchmarks with everything there is - the official NVIDIA driver, Nouveau, Catalyst, radeon, Intel, ... everything. I can't wait to see how the drivers deal with such a game.

I guess it'll be really hard to perform these benchmarks though ...

Comment

woah. yyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww boooom! That's a bombshell right there.

Comment

That would really be a worth benchmark. Not those 13 years old Quake Engine games.

I guess this will be the first time I can't max out a game on Linux with my GTX 580 OC, especially now that I have a 1440p monitor.

Comment

Michael: s/Night/Light/ in the title.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisf View Post
                  Woah!

*NOW* we have a legitimate reason for Mesa to do OpenGL 4.x

Anyone know what the official requirements are? Would GL 4.0 suffice or do they use all bells and whistles?

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                    That would really be a worth benchmark. Not those 13 years old Quake Engine games.

I guess this will be the first time I can't max out a game on Linux with my GTX 580 OC, especially now that I have a 1440p monitor.
                    I don't know about the use of Metro for benchmark purposes. Can PTS use proprietary games as benchmarks? A 1440p display is nice. I just got a second monitor for a dual setup and will most likely change once 4k rolls-out strong and prices come down. So another 2-3 years I guess.

Originally posted by chrisf View Post
                    Rofl. That would be interesting for a prequel. Metro: Last Friday Night starring Rebecca Black.

Comment

Working...
                    X