Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civilization V Might Be Heading To Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    Whatever to the rumor that Batman:arkham City was comingf to Linux? I remember Michael showing of picture of it running on Linux. Also did anything materialize from Blizzard regarding Linux at all yet?

    Comment


    • #52
      it's the 22nd, game is not there, so -> case closed.

      But what really bugs me is, that in those videos where Valve presented the Steam console, you can see Civ 5 a few times...so either they are running Windows on those machines or there is a Civ 5 version out there that runs on Linuxoid systems.

      Comment


      • #53
        Originally posted by Detructor View Post
        it's the 22nd, game is not there, so -> case closed.

        But what really bugs me is, that in those videos where Valve presented the Steam console, you can see Civ 5 a few times...so either they are running Windows on those machines or there is a Civ 5 version out there that runs on Linuxoid systems.
        It's too soon to say that. It's only 8AM on the 22nd where I live here in the US.

        Comment


        • #54
          Originally posted by Detructor View Post
          But what really bugs me is, that in those videos where Valve presented the Steam console, you can see Civ 5 a few times...so either they are running Windows on those machines or there is a Civ 5 version out there that runs on Linuxoid systems.
          Or they're referencing the streaming feature they mentioned.

          Comment


          • #55
            Originally posted by tga.d View Post
            Or they're referencing the streaming feature they mentioned.
            streaming feature? Wait...is that that same stuff they[=some publishers] talked some years ago about? Having a server that renders everything and your computer 'just' displays everything and forwards the input to the server again? I thought everyone agreed that that was/is bullshit?!

            Comment


            • #56
              Originally posted by Detructor View Post
              streaming feature? Wait...is that that same stuff they[=some publishers] talked some years ago about? Having a server that renders everything and your computer 'just' displays everything and forwards the input to the server again? I thought everyone agreed that that was/is bullshit?!
              It was part of the official announcement.
              http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/
              ctrl+f Streaming
              This is over lan from another one of your computers, but it's the same idea, and could probably be extended to remote servers in the future.

              Comment


              • #57
                Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                streaming feature? Wait...is that that same stuff they[=some publishers] talked some years ago about? Having a server that renders everything and your computer 'just' displays everything and forwards the input to the server again? I thought everyone agreed that that was/is bullshit?!
                It's still in buisness:
                http://www.onlive.com/

                Comment


                • #58
                  Originally posted by tga.d View Post
                  It was part of the official announcement.
                  http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/
                  ctrl+f Streaming
                  This is over lan from another one of your computers, but it's the same idea, and could probably be extended to remote servers in the future.
                  okay, I get what they are trying to achieve with that...but I still don't like it.

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    so, does this was all false?

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                      so, does this was all false?
                      For now probably yes. But it was perfectly with Steam's in-home streaming. On the other hand, Valve talk about playing Civ5 on SteamOS a lot, so maybe sooner or later it will be ported.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X