Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphin Emulator 4.0 Released For GameCube, Wii

Phoronix: Dolphin Emulator 4.0 Released For GameCube, Wii

Version 4.0 of the Dolphin Emulator has been released for running GameCube and Wii games on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Packaged

Too bad it is not packaged in Debian (and hence not Ubuntu and any other derivatives).

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Too bad it is not packaged in Debian (and hence not Ubuntu and any other derivatives).
      In Arch it is already available.

Comment

I'm trying to build it from source right now. The site only provides 64-bit packages...

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Download the latest version of the Dolphin Emulator (5.0-21222) from the official website.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that a .deb in this link? It may not support Debian (might be too old), but recent Ubuntu/Mint/Derv's should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
            https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that a .deb in this link? It may not support Debian (might be too old), but recent Ubuntu/Mint/Derv's should be fine.
            It's 64-bit only. It also runs on Ubuntu 13.04 only, not on 12.04.

Comment

Aren't there PPAs for Dolphin by other users?

Comment

I always found the Dolphin project to be very impressive. One of the best console emulators out there, even compared to some of the old school console emulators. Does get me to wonder though - how the hell is an ARM platform going to be able to play this effectively? Maybe the OGL rewrite made it perform better but I remember when I tried dolphin maybe 2 or 3 years ago, there were moments it was at 10fps playing a gamecube game on a system that could easily outperform any ARM platform today. I guess ARM being RISC might help a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  how the hell is an ARM platform going to be able to play this effectively?
                  The performance isn't the problem, actually. ARM is advancing quick enough; I think it surpassed 2GHz already and we're up to something like 8 cores.

The real problem is how on earth are you going to play console games that were designed for gamepads and/or the Wiimote on a touchscreen...

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
                    It's 64-bit only. It also runs on Ubuntu 13.04 only, not on 12.04.
                    Disappointing to not see a LTS version available as well as a current version. I bet there's a ppa for the LTS somewhere though.

Comment

Working...
                    X