Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dota 2 Is Now Available For Testing On Linux

Phoronix: Dota 2 Is Now Available For Testing On Linux

Dota 2, the popular game out of Valve Software that was just talked about earlier today for being soon on its way for a Linux release, is now available for testing...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQwODA

I don't see it in steam :/

Comment

Me neither.

Reminds me of the mistaken mention of Portal 2 being available when only the first Portal game is currently.

Perhaps only certain users are getting access to the test client at the moment..? General availability looks like it's still a while off according to the Dota 2 site, for both the Mac and Linux clients.

Comment

Interesting. Linux version before a mac version.. Times are changing.

Comment

You are currently 13382 in the Launch Queue
          You will be notified by email when the game is ready for download.
          Screw that :P

A decade of bittorrent, and some people still using queues...
          Last edited by Artemis3; 07-11-2013, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Its in my library under Dota 2 Test. I had to go to the dota2 store page and then click to add to my library or play or whatever it said, which then put me into a queue like the poster above me. I thought that it would be a long time before I was in but about 2 hours later I was accepted and Im downloading it now.

Comment

Guys, If you had DotA2 on windows you can get it right now. Dota2 just came out of beta on windows and is now on a rolling launch (the reason for queue, they don't wan the game servers to be overloaded with new players since it's a free game).
              Also the test client for linux is incompatible with the main client that's released on windows. You can only play with other test users.

Comment

omgomgomgomgomg!!!!!!!11111ononeone :E downloading now ! :E

Comment

Originally posted by hefa View Post
                  Interesting. Linux version before a mac version.. Times are changing.
                  I think you'll find the mac version is also out....

Comment

Shit. There goes my life. There goes summer. DotA HERE I COME!

Comment

Working...
                    X