Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dota 2 Is Now Available For Testing On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by Artemis3 View Post
    A decade of bittorrent, and some people still using queues...
    It's probably not about the bandwidth, but about load of their servers during the actual game hosting.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by n3wu53r View Post
      Guys, If you had DotA2 on windows you can get it right now. Dota2 just came out of beta on windows and is now on a rolling launch (the reason for queue, they don't wan the game servers to be overloaded with new players since it's a free game).
      Also the test client for linux is incompatible with the main client that's released on windows. You can only play with other test users.
      I have never installed it on Windows, however I did receive a key from a friend so the game was added to my games list on the Windows side. After logging in on the Linux steam client, it was immediately available for downloading, so I assume it is just new players that need to wait in a queue.

      Comment


      • #13
        Linux version before a mac version



        Comment


        • #14
          What is it with this forum and spam bots?....

          Comment


          • #15
            There are no spam bots here, just ppl that are extremely excited about this and they want to show everyone how they feel

            Comment


            • #16
              I think you'll find that 'deonddr' is indeed a spam bot.
              But on topic, aside from some performance issues, this game is great.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by Boland View Post
                I think you'll find that 'deonddr' is indeed a spam bot.
                But on topic, aside from some performance issues, this game is great.
                Why do you say that? The three posts from that user are obnoxiously similar, and not the most useful, but not spam. Have you seen similar behavior that ends up being spam?

                (I'm a moderator.)

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by Darxus View Post
                  Why do you say that? The three posts from that user are obnoxiously similar, and not the most useful, but not spam. Have you seen similar behavior that ends up being spam?

                  (I'm a moderator.)
                  All of the users 'posts' are components of other peoples posts from earlier in the thread. Copied verbatim.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Well, I just received the email and I now have access to the Linux test client, it's going to take a little while to download everything but I'm looking forward to testing it out.

                    I was honestly expecting to end up having to wait longer, but apparently they're going through their queue fairly quickly.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by karashata View Post
                      Well, I just received the email and I now have access to the Linux test client, it's going to take a little while to download everything but I'm looking forward to testing it out.

                      I was honestly expecting to end up having to wait longer, but apparently they're going through their queue fairly quickly.
                      Yeah, the queue's only 870 long right now... When I'm actually logged into a computer that can play it, I'll queue up the download.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X