Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dota 2 Is Now Available For Testing On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I think you'll find that 'deonddr' is indeed a spam bot.
    But on topic, aside from some performance issues, this game is great.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Boland View Post
      I think you'll find that 'deonddr' is indeed a spam bot.
      But on topic, aside from some performance issues, this game is great.
      Why do you say that? The three posts from that user are obnoxiously similar, and not the most useful, but not spam. Have you seen similar behavior that ends up being spam?

      (I'm a moderator.)

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Darxus View Post
        Why do you say that? The three posts from that user are obnoxiously similar, and not the most useful, but not spam. Have you seen similar behavior that ends up being spam?

        (I'm a moderator.)
        All of the users 'posts' are components of other peoples posts from earlier in the thread. Copied verbatim.

        Comment


        • #19
          Well, I just received the email and I now have access to the Linux test client, it's going to take a little while to download everything but I'm looking forward to testing it out.

          I was honestly expecting to end up having to wait longer, but apparently they're going through their queue fairly quickly.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by karashata View Post
            Well, I just received the email and I now have access to the Linux test client, it's going to take a little while to download everything but I'm looking forward to testing it out.

            I was honestly expecting to end up having to wait longer, but apparently they're going through their queue fairly quickly.
            Yeah, the queue's only 870 long right now... When I'm actually logged into a computer that can play it, I'll queue up the download.

            Comment


            • #21
              Downloaded, attempted to play, discovered it segfaults just about any time I try to actually do anything (e.g. start the tutorial, join a match, practice with bots, change video or audio settings...).

              I can definitely see why this is still only in testing right now, it doesn't appear to be ready for prime-time at all yet.

              Apparently I'm not the only one getting segfaults all the time though, so I'm adding my experiences and information to the existing bug (https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues/142, in case anyone else runs into the same issue), hopefully they'll figure out what's going on and get it fixed.

              Comment


              • #22
                There is currently a bug in Mesa with Dota2, Valve says it should be fixed in the next version: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dot...mment-20850753

                Comment


                • #23
                  Is anyone else getting major rendering bugs with catalyst? I'm still on 13.1 because of the laptop backlight bug, but seems I'll have to choose between being able to adjust my backlight and playing (among others) Dota 2. Damn...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The graphics are great and it's super smooth. Takes a while to load. Segfaults during tutorial 3. Looking forward to future developments.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      The regular, main client that everyone (Windows) uses has just been released for Linux.

                      Oh, and my AMD Radeon HD 6870 with the opensource radeon driver and dpm enabled runs it like a boss.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
                        The graphics are great and it's super smooth. Takes a while to load. Segfaults during tutorial 3. Looking forward to future developments.
                        mmmmmmmm can't wait till i get my new rig set up. dota 2 was the only reason why i had windows at all.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X