Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crytek Goes Public On Linux Coder For CryENGINE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Crytek Goes Public On Linux Coder For CryENGINE

    Phoronix: Crytek Goes Public On Linux Coder For CryENGINE

    Crytek is hiring a new Linux programmer for maintaining their Linux (client-side) portion of their popular and very advanced CryENGINE game platform...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQwNTY

  • #2
    Great! That also means Star Citizen will get a Linux port.

    Comment


    • #3
      This piece of news was already posted here.

      Comment


      • #4
        wwoooohhhhuuuuuu, this means I will finally be able to buy crysis 2 and 3 to play them :P

        Comment


        • #5
          It makes sense since they are shooting into Android, PS3/4, and General Linux, with the benefit of similar coding structure for Mac OS.

          EA must be looking at Steam and saying they have ensured revenue in tough times from another stream, and we need a piece of that.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
            It makes sense since they are shooting into Android, PS3/4, and General Linux, with the benefit of similar coding structure for Mac OS.

            EA must be looking at Steam and saying they have ensured revenue in tough times from another stream, and we need a piece of that.
            How I wish GOG thought like that...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheOne View Post
              wwoooohhhhuuuuuu, this means I will finally be able to buy crysis 2 and 3 to play them :P
              Too bad for you theres not a GPU in the world fast enough to play them.

              Comment


              • #8
                So much for me having a life. If this is true I'll be uninstalling windows and playing Star Citizen all day until the end of time. Or my heart explodes.

                Comment


                • #9
                  They sucks!
                  Their web site, the application form doesn't even work at Linux, using Firefox...
                  You can't apply if you are Linux user!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Other browsers?

                    Tried Chrome? or any of the other Linux based browsers? Firefox isn't the only web browser on linux anymore.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                      Too bad for you theres not a GPU in the world fast enough to play them.
                      Well my low end Radeon HD 6570 ran Crysis 1 pretty well even on high resolution and I read somewhere that they improved the engine performance for new crysis titles.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        hmm maybe ill use Crytek to Develop a upcoming game for Linux Btw it's going to be a MMORPG not as big as WoW or Rift but i hope it will be fun

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                          hmm maybe ill use Crytek to Develop a upcoming game for Linux Btw it's going to be a MMORPG not as big as WoW or Rift but i hope it will be fun
                          What kind? Fantasy? Modern shooter? PvP or RvR?

                          Whatever it is, don't make it a grindfest, thats what killed games like Regnum and FFXI for me. Come up with challenges, not a pointless "kill one million rabbits to level up the first of 27 levels required for you to be able to do anything remotely interesting".

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Regnum becomes a grind fest only from level 40 to 50, before that there are plenty of quests, and from level 50 you could simply go after people and grind from time to time until you hit 60 and do the warmaster things as well.

                            Back to topic, I'm also mostly interested in a Star Citizen linux port

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                              What kind? Fantasy? Modern shooter? PvP or RvR?

                              Whatever it is, don't make it a grindfest, thats what killed games like Regnum and FFXI for me. Come up with challenges, not a pointless "kill one million rabbits to level up the first of 27 levels required for you to be able to do anything remotely interesting".
                              i dont see any point of not letting lower levels into upper level zones or PVP i want to go the D2 way on all that

                              Originally posted by Artemis3 View Post
                              Regnum becomes a grind fest only from level 40 to 50, before that there are plenty of quests, and from level 50 you could simply go after people and grind from time to time until you hit 60 and do the warmaster things as well.

                              Back to topic, I'm also mostly interested in a Star Citizen linux port
                              Damn i forgot i had a email from the developers of Star Citizen

                              "Hi there,
                              Not right now but we are hoping for linux and Mac in the future, depending on Crytek.
                              Best,
                              Sandi"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X