Left 4 Dead 2 Officially Released For Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruinairas View Post
    Sir, the Intel Hd 4000 must be really crippled on linux if it isn't running properly. I have a Intel HD 4000 (ivy bridge) laptop that can play Crysis 3 on normal settings, the witcher 2 on low settings, Saints row 3 on high settings, heck there isn't even a game that it really can't play.

I play a lot of Battlefield 3 on medium settings with the Intel HD 4000, I can completely max out at 1920x1080 with all the bells and whistles enabled on Left 4 Dead 2.

It's not your hardware that is lacking, its the driver support atm.
    It also depends on how recent his kernel and mesa are.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      The article is correct. It is out of Beta.

Also, there are rumours that DotA 2 is next and coming very soon.
      sauce? a few of my mates have changed over from HoN and while I will stick with playing HoN, it would be good to play again with my beta key

Comment

Originally posted by powdigsig View Post
        When I go to the Steam storepage for L4D2 I got 5 purchase options with MAC and WIN, not LIN???
        It's the same for me. I wonder if this could be based on location? I've heard people mention that before. Since we're both from sweden i mean.

Anyway, you can buy the game and it will still work on linux, I did that yesterday.
        Last edited by HappyHoward; 07-04-2013, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyHoward View Post
          It's the same for me. I wonder if this could be based on location? I've heard people mention that before. Since we're both from sweden i mean.

Anyway, you can buy the game and it will still work on linux, I did that yesterday.
          Same for me (from France), and also, I got the same issue with Half Life 2, I don't see the Linux icon...

Comment

@remm

Yesterday i played l4d2 with hd 4000 with linux. it works better than killing floor - kf even crashes when you want to try the new game mode with linux.

Comment

Patience guys, patience... When you're entitled to L4D2 (when you wought it for Win or Mac) you'll get it in your Steam program (with beta in brackets). The website still isn't updated, but they probably will soon.

Comment

Steam Store updated

The Steam Store is up to date now, showing L4D2 as a Linux game.
                Will buy the Valve Game Pack today!

Comment

Steam store is updated, also it is free to play this weekend and and this weekend on a huge discount. Get it.

Comment

So, what is the difference with:

Left 4 Dead 2 (Beta) - 2 d
                    Left 4 Dead 2 Beta - 2 d

Which one to install?

Ah well there is also:

Killing Floor - 6 d
                    :3

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis3 View Post
                      So, what is the difference with:

Left 4 Dead 2 (Beta) - 2 d
                      Left 4 Dead 2 Beta - 2 d

Which one to install?

Ah well there is also:

Killing Floor - 6 d
                      :3
                      Install "Left 4 Dead 2 (Beta)" - it will have an icon next to it. This is the "main" game - the other one (with no icon) is a public testing ground for features and mods etc. that aren't quite ready to be moved into the main game.

Comment

Working...
                      X