Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jedi Academy Thrives As Open-Source Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
    You assholes don't pay for shit. If it weren't for one or two twits throwing lots of money to charity, the linux average for the humble bundle would be $1.00.
    Care to show us your numbers? Otherwise your statement is worthless.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by log0 View Post
      The SDL2 bit is Larabel BS. Afaik it is using SDL for input on Linux/Mac.
      Actually, Larabel is right about that one. Because SDL2 is going to be released as stable this month, they saw no reason to make it support SDL 1.5.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
        Actually, Larabel is right about that one. Because SDL2 is going to be released as stable this month, they saw no reason to make it support SDL 1.5.
        You and Michael are right, my apologies. I did a quick peek at the code on github and it looked like sdl1.2 to me, should have looked more carefully.

        And regarding the SDL2 release this month, I'll only believe it when I see it.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by log0 View Post
          You and Michael are right, my apologies. I did a quick peek at the code on github and it looked like sdl1.2 to me, should have looked more carefully.

          And regarding the SDL2 release this month, I'll only believe it when I see it.
          Lol yeah me too. I have been using it for a while, it's been a long time coming.

          As for Yogi's post I'm floored didn't expect that.... Actually wtf was that lol.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Ericg View Post
            SDL2 though...is an issue in and of itself though because I dont THINK its packaged in most repos except Arch and Gentoo, because its not released yet.
            Actually you can find it already packaged for most major distros. Fedora and openSUSE has had them for a while at least.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Actually you can find it already packaged for most major distros. Fedora and openSUSE has had them for a while at least.
              Really? Huh, well, thanks for the correction deanjo.

              Comment


              • #17
                Tried it last weekend on Debian Sid and it worked good, actualy console can be open up but i cant type anything there and volumetric shadow not working... also changing resolutions is somewhat problematic... but otherwise it plays just fine

                Comment


                • #18
                  Jedi Academy, Portal, Half Life 2 + episodes.
                  Gonna be a good few weeks once I get to the other side of these exams.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
                    As for Yogi's post I'm floored didn't expect that.... Actually wtf was that lol.
                    Never encountered yogi_berra's trolling before? You should buy a lottery ticket

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      If you need another confirmation... I compiled OpenJK yesterday and cmake told me it requires SDL2 I was also able to play multiplayer Jedi Academy for a while on Linux with this native binary (frankly, I didn't really expect it would work) and spotted no issues so far. It was fast even on Intel graphics (though seems to run fine with primusrun as well), definitely an improvement over Wine-based version (especially regarding the amount of heat produced by my notebook).

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X