Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brütal Legend Is Exciting To Linux Gamers

Phoronix: Brütal Legend Is Exciting To Linux Gamers

With today's debut of the Humble Double Fine Bundle, Linux gamers seem particularly excited by the debut of the Brütal Legend game for the penguin platform...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM2NzQ

Yeah, I like Rob and Ozzy and I remember Lita, but Jack Black? Any trailer that's all cut scenes is a bit of a warning, isn't it? "We had no good gameplay to show you, so please accept these cut scenes instead."

Comment

Fun game

I like Brutal Legend, it's one of those 3d adventure games where you run around completing mini quests. It's got a reasonable storyline, but the real stars are the songs. Real classic metal music from many of the greats of the genre. It's a fun ride through metal. I was given a PS3 copy for my birthday last year and I really enjoyed it, my mate and I are big metal heads. It's sort of a niche product but if you're into metal/heavy rock music you should get a kick out of it.

Comment

I've been playing this on my Ivybridge laptop using Mesa master and it's working pretty much flawlessly.
        Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
        Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

this bundle is very good.

Double fine managed to port all these other titles to linux

Also Broken-Age (aka double fine adv.) will be awesome and a good opportunity for those of us who may have missed the kickstarter. And even shirts !

The avg. from linux users is higher than usual

Comment

It works with r600g (on RV770) , but the shadows are messed up and performance is really quite poor. Furthermore, it crashes with mesa master and R600_DEBUG=sb.

Originally posted by madjr
            The avg. from linux users is higher than usual
            Probably because the top contributor is a linux user. The linux average has gone down ~3$ since I bought the bundle so buyers aren't actually paying that much...
            Last edited by Xipeos; 05-08-2013, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Sadly I can't buy this bundle without a credit card.

Comment

Humble Bundle should start accepting bitcoins... I want to buy Linux games with bitcoin, that'd be great for my geek cred

Comment

That's awesome! Did anyone spotted the Linux version on Steam?

Comment

Lol. Fscking-A!

Comment

Originally posted by godlike_panos View Post
                      I've not yet bought the bundle but I have Brutal Legend in my games list.
                      Since yesterday Brutal Legend is available on Steam Linux (~8 Gb).
                      It *may* be necessary to participate in the open Steam/Linux beta* for it to show up for now.
                      [*] Check the Steam preferences/settings.

Comment

meh

I'll pass on this one, don't like puzzle games. But at least it's a breath of fresh air from the over-saturated Pixel-Art game market, which is quite cliche now.

Comment

Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
                          it crashes with mesa master and R600_DEBUG=sb.
                          R600_DEBUG=sb,nohyperz and game work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by godlike_panos View Post
                            That's what I want to know. The recent Humble Bundle with Android 5 was my first purchased bundle and I was surprised to learn that even though all games had both a Linux port and a Steam key, not every game had the Linux version available through Steam, beta or otherwise (Nightsky, I'm looking at you).
                            I went through the games in this DoubleFine bundle inside the Steam store, and one was Win+Mac, while all of the others were Win-only.
                            Do any of them have a Linux version on Steam as a beta at least?

Comment

Originally posted by myxal View Post
                              Do any of them have a Linux version on Steam as a beta at least?
                              As I said, I'm able to download BL on the Steam Linux client.

Not sure if it actually works yet, though.
                              It is downloading about 8 Gb which is quite a lot *for me*.
                              I can't tell you if the game actually runs and ships with an executable right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X