Humble Bundle Launches Double Fine Bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
    any info for the other games? how is stacking? is psychonauts running at good fps like in windows?
    When in the past i tried psychonauts it was a totally mess, and the icculus bugzilla page still shows open bugs froma year ago (!)
    so now i think twice before getting other bundles...
    Psychonaut got an update on Steam yesterday, not sure what it has fixed, but I have played the game through just a few weeks ago on there and I would say that it was good on the fps front, seemed smooth and responsive to me and my system is not all that impressive. It did have some missing shader issues though. Such as no dynamic shadows and missing projections in some places they should have been, like the Coach in that first room of his brain with the projector that is supposed to be showing him on the wall and telling you to punch him in the nose. As I never played it on Windows I don't know how many others may have been missing, mostly going off posts I have read from others on Steam about what was missing.

Overall though it was very playable and I am hoping they may of fixed some of those issues with the update yesterday, I might launch it later to play through a few parts and see if anything noticable has changed.

Comment

any info for the other games? how is stacking? is psychonauts running at good fps like in windows?
      When in the past i tried psychonauts it was a totally mess, and the icculus bugzilla page still shows open bugs froma year ago (!)
      so now i think twice before getting other bundles...
      What I do now is give no money to the devs (everything to EFF or so), then try the games, and if some games are playable and fun I pay a second time the devs whose games are ok.

I bought Psychonauts in an old bundle and it was very slow on my Core i3 550 and had an annoyingly long and unskippable introduction IIRC. Dunno if there has been improvements since.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
        What I do now is give no money to the devs (everything to EFF or so), then try the games, and if some games are playable and fun I pay a second time the devs whose games are ok.

I bought Psychonauts in an old bundle and it was very slow on my Core i3 550 and had an annoyingly long and unskippable introduction IIRC. Dunno if there has been improvements since.

Really? I played through Psychonauts on my old Athlon64 3500+ Clawhammer core from 2004, though with an Nvidia 8800GTS(G80) 320Mb GPU and 2Gb of ram. It was quite playable at 1920x1200 and maxed settings.

I hear you on the slider though, I always give mostly to the EFF, if the bundle sucks then no tip, if the game is using Flash/Air/Wine then no money for you.
        Last edited by Kivada; 09 May 2013, 08:40 AM.

Comment

ok, steam psychonauts version works definitely well.
          maybe Icculus didn't updated the bugzilla page, but hey, i just waited a year to play...

Comment

ok, steam psychonauts version works definitely well.
            maybe Icculus didn't updated the bugzilla page, but hey, i just waited a year to play...
            His bugzilla page shows that he commited several changes on Tuesday and reading his comments in them make it clear he released a 0.7 version the same day with the changes. He fixed the issue with shadows, enabled Steam achievements, fixed some minor shader issues, and improved particles it seems. It was running fine before that though, I see a fair few changes in the middle of last year that were commited, so it is likely there have been at least 2 major updates in that year you waited, with the most recent just days ago.

The only problem I see left that affected me in a noticable way is the lack of the projected images that are missing in several places, there is a bug report for it, but hasn't been fixed yet. Not a game breaker though, just makes it a bit confusing when the Coach asks you to punch him in the nose and you can't see him.

Comment

It's a pretty good deal.

I wonder is they will humble bundle Wasteland 2 and Numeria...

Comment

Psychonauts non-steam version seems to work just fine for me, with AMD CPU and Nvidia GTX275, 4GB RAM... full settings at 1600x1000 windowed mode, no lag and good fps...

I've yet to try the other games in the bundle.

Comment

Ugh sad I missed this one. I haven't been keeping up of late and don't have time to game anyways. This set being most 3d than 2d was a sad one to miss ;(

Comment

Anyone having issues with Stacking? It ran ok the first time I ran it. However ever since that first run it just crashes at start up.

Comment

Working...
                    X