Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humble Bundle Launches Double Fine Bundle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Humble Bundle Launches Double Fine Bundle

    Phoronix: Humble Bundle Launches Double Fine Bundle

    The latest Humble Indie Bundle has just launched and it includes games from Double Fine...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM2Njk

  • #2
    The Linux versions are available for download. Don't know if they really work though, it's probably beta-ish.

    Comment


    • #3
      Humble Double Fine Bundle System Requirements

      (...)

      Limited Edition T-Shirt

      Requirements: Torso

      Comment


      • #4
        AMD drivers 13.4 broke rendering in Brutal Legend, so beware!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Asariati View Post
          AMD drivers 13.4 broke rendering in Brutal Legend, so beware!
          Lol... why am I not surprised?

          Good thing I'm still on 13.1, due to other bugs...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by remm View Post
            The Linux versions are available for download. Don't know if they really work though, it's probably beta-ish.
            Been playing some costume quest and brutal legend today and both seemed to work without problems, except for switching to desktop in costume quest (unity on raring, nvidia blob). Dunno for the rest.

            Comment


            • #7
              any info for the other games? how is stacking? is psychonauts running at good fps like in windows?
              When in the past i tried psychonauts it was a totally mess, and the icculus bugzilla page still shows open bugs froma year ago (!)
              so now i think twice before getting other bundles...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Asariati View Post
                AMD drivers 13.4 broke rendering in Brutal Legend, so beware!
                Works just fine here on a HD 6950 with 13.4

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm having issues with stacking and costume quest running Xubuntu 13.04 and Nvidia with proprietary drivers, regarding game resolution. Those games insist on starting at 1280x800 resolution despite having set my native resolution in game.

                  Brutal Legend runs just fine though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TAXI View Post
                    Works just fine here on a HD 6950 with 13.4
                    Then you are lucky or I don't know. Others have issues running on Radeon 6x00 cards, e.g. http://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming...u_want/c9ulgva

                    And on my 7970 it is definitely broken.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
                      any info for the other games? how is stacking? is psychonauts running at good fps like in windows?
                      When in the past i tried psychonauts it was a totally mess, and the icculus bugzilla page still shows open bugs froma year ago (!)
                      so now i think twice before getting other bundles...
                      Psychonaut got an update on Steam yesterday, not sure what it has fixed, but I have played the game through just a few weeks ago on there and I would say that it was good on the fps front, seemed smooth and responsive to me and my system is not all that impressive. It did have some missing shader issues though. Such as no dynamic shadows and missing projections in some places they should have been, like the Coach in that first room of his brain with the projector that is supposed to be showing him on the wall and telling you to punch him in the nose. As I never played it on Windows I don't know how many others may have been missing, mostly going off posts I have read from others on Steam about what was missing.

                      Overall though it was very playable and I am hoping they may of fixed some of those issues with the update yesterday, I might launch it later to play through a few parts and see if anything noticable has changed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
                        any info for the other games? how is stacking? is psychonauts running at good fps like in windows?
                        When in the past i tried psychonauts it was a totally mess, and the icculus bugzilla page still shows open bugs froma year ago (!)
                        so now i think twice before getting other bundles...
                        What I do now is give no money to the devs (everything to EFF or so), then try the games, and if some games are playable and fun I pay a second time the devs whose games are ok.

                        I bought Psychonauts in an old bundle and it was very slow on my Core i3 550 and had an annoyingly long and unskippable introduction IIRC. Dunno if there has been improvements since.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by stqn View Post
                          What I do now is give no money to the devs (everything to EFF or so), then try the games, and if some games are playable and fun I pay a second time the devs whose games are ok.

                          I bought Psychonauts in an old bundle and it was very slow on my Core i3 550 and had an annoyingly long and unskippable introduction IIRC. Dunno if there has been improvements since.


                          Really? I played through Psychonauts on my old Athlon64 3500+ Clawhammer core from 2004, though with an Nvidia 8800GTS(G80) 320Mb GPU and 2Gb of ram. It was quite playable at 1920x1200 and maxed settings.

                          I hear you on the slider though, I always give mostly to the EFF, if the bundle sucks then no tip, if the game is using Flash/Air/Wine then no money for you.
                          Last edited by Kivada; 05-09-2013, 08:40 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ok, steam psychonauts version works definitely well.
                            maybe Icculus didn't updated the bugzilla page, but hey, i just waited a year to play...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
                              ok, steam psychonauts version works definitely well.
                              maybe Icculus didn't updated the bugzilla page, but hey, i just waited a year to play...
                              His bugzilla page shows that he commited several changes on Tuesday and reading his comments in them make it clear he released a 0.7 version the same day with the changes. He fixed the issue with shadows, enabled Steam achievements, fixed some minor shader issues, and improved particles it seems. It was running fine before that though, I see a fair few changes in the middle of last year that were commited, so it is likely there have been at least 2 major updates in that year you waited, with the most recent just days ago.

                              The only problem I see left that affected me in a noticable way is the lack of the projected images that are missing in several places, there is a bug report for it, but hasn't been fixed yet. Not a game breaker though, just makes it a bit confusing when the Coach asks you to punch him in the nose and you can't see him.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X