Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Reveals More Steam Linux Distribution Details

Phoronix: Valve Reveals More Steam Linux Distribution Details

Valve's hardware/software survey for Steam that shows details about their user-base, is now showing a lot more Linux distribution details...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

proof Mir will fail

Comment

Originally posted by boast View Post
      proof Mir will fail
      Please elaborate?

Comment

Anyone else bothered about the amount of 32 bit users out there?

Comment

Now they need to add a stat for Wine usage.

Comment

What could be improved

I think it is really nice that Valve publishes more sophisticated information on their userbase.
            But why not show this data in relation to all Linux Users (to the 2.x% of all Steam users), so maybe you could see more behind values like 0.00%.
            I wouldn't suggest this if Steam wouldn't have so many users to actually be able to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by frign View Post
              I think it is really nice that Valve publishes more sophisticated information on their userbase.
              But why not show this data in relation to all Linux Users (to the 2.x% of all Steam users), so maybe you could see more behind values like 0.00%.
              I wouldn't suggest this if Steam wouldn't have so many users to actually be able to do this.
              Ya, could be useful if there were a Windows, Mac, Linux and other overall percentages, then if you click on one it expands and shows what percentage of Linux users are on each distro, same with the Windows and Mac entries.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                Anyone else bothered about the amount of 32 bit users out there?
                I'm rather bothered by the amount of Ubuntu users out there.

Comment

Looks like 64-bit is the standard by now. Can we not just forget about 32-bit for AMD/Intel (finally)?

Would be nice to see those numbers divided by 2.5% (i.e. scaled to just talk about Linux users and make the numbers a bit bigger).

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
                    I'm rather bothered by the amount of Ubuntu users out there.
                    nah... I say let em come... The bigger the userbase the better. Even if the usebase is completely retarded it doesnt matter, they can use their distro and we can use ours.

Comment

Working...
                    X