No announcement yet.

Torque 3D Port To Linux Materializes

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque 3D Port To Linux Materializes

Phoronix: Torque 3D Port To Linux Materializes

Last year I wrote about the Torque 3D game engine wanting to come to Linux and they were attempting a crowd-sourced campaign to finance the port. The campaign was a flop, but a developer has been bringing the support anyways to Linux...

How was Frozen Synapse ported?
    Performance seams to still be an issue with this port.

Being one of those whom tried to get crowed fund the official linux port campaign, i've got to say that this is a really cool thing to see that someone is actually porting T3D to linux. I can only hope that port will include the editor.

Anyway this is truly an awesome event happening.

How about all the people who put money towards the campaign (myself included) use a Flattr system or similar to get this guy some cash.

Awesome. Yes indeed, they should recollect the money and give it to Dusan.

Hi guys
            I want to share one more addition to whole Torque3D on Linux thingy

Now I have semi-working OpenAL sound inside my fork of Torque 3D (there is still some work left to do)

One picture

Torque 3D on VMWare

This maybe is looking like something bad, but see in pastebin console.log that this is Torque3D working on Gallium 0.4 on SVGA3D; build: RELEASE, version 2.1 Mesa 9.0.2 provided by VMWare.

I would like to present working Sixense Razer Hydra for Torque3D on Linux

provided better console.log

I don't have device to do real testing, but I believe that its 100% working.

This build is also with Bullet physics enabled. As you can see inside "% - Initializing Physics Tools" you don't have anymore "No physics plugin exists." like in my other builds and console.logs what I shared here.
                EDIT: As you can see inside pastebin link, there is "Bullet Physics parallel threads: [2]"
                Last edited by TheDushan; 03-25-2013, 08:09 PM.

This youtube video is showing Torque3D working on real Linux machine (not VMWare)

In this video, you can see OpenGL renderer with basic lighting, OpenAl sound system and World Editor.