Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve Celebrates Steam For Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Thought we fixed that in the latest legacy driver (13.1)... ??
    yes.. but still not in system repo, need to fiddle with it.

    manual install always fck something up in some cases. and from repo they are well integrated with system.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Thought we fixed that in the latest legacy driver (13.1)... ??
      Ack, save your sanity and leave this thread! It's pretty obvious that it's just troll bait by now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        Ack, save your sanity and leave this thread! It's pretty obvious that it's just troll bait by now.
        didn't you know that bridgman read ALL Troll fights while he is eating popcorn and drinking soda?

        why paying for entertainment if you get it for free here?

        Comment


        • Comment


          • Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            [...]
            a masterpiece of a fake. maybe i should start to quote Sade's Justine and Juliette to bring some classic in the round:



            Wikipedia about Justin:"consistently reward the criminals for their crimes, and to expose the artificiality of the Good"

            the biggest course for woman’s against disease symptoms such as: Modesty, honesty, horror of crime, chastity, piety, charity, compassion, care, kindness, and love of truth

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
              Does it work with an Ubuntu 12.04? I think the official one is 12.8 in my system and that is what I have. Doesn't 13.1 require a different X version? I have a radeon 3470 in my laptop. In the release notes it says that only from 5000 and up cards are supported.
              It will work with 12.04. It won't with 12.10 or later because it requires the older X version.

              http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...eon_linux.aspx

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
                Does it work with an Ubuntu 12.04? I think the official one is 12.8 in my system and that is what I have. Doesn't 13.1 require a different X version? I have a radeon 3470 in my laptop. In the release notes it says that only from 5000 and up cards are supported.
                Yes, it does. I am running it with 3200 on my old laptop and it works perfectly.

                I didn't have to do anything special, just downloaded it from AMD:s webpage and installed it according to the official instructions. But remember that this is 13.1 Legacy drivers, not the usual 13.1 drivers that you are talking about (That are not supposed to work with cards below 5000).

                Comment


                • Originally posted by asdx
                  So any torrents up yet?
                  Hahaha. Seems unlikely. And even if that happens there is a good chance the motivation behind it will be delivering malware.

                  So basically you'll be running binaries from a trusted source(sarcasm) without an anti-virus.
                  Great way to promote FOSS and anti-DRM, asdx!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by talvik View Post
                    Hahaha. Seems unlikely. And even if that happens there is a good chance the motivation behind it will be delivering malware.

                    So basically you'll be running binaries from a trusted source(sarcasm) without an anti-virus.
                    Great way to promote FOSS and anti-DRM, asdx!
                    thatís the original windows feeling: no risk no fun.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                      thatís the original windows feeling: no risk no fun.
                      Give me the keys to the ssh server on your machine. And maybe I'll give you some free stuff or maybe...
                      No risk no fun.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X