Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting news

As usual, Michael is still relevant.
    I am very sad that he decided to abandon Phoronix.

Either way. I shall receive my new mobo and CPU and will write an interesting comperation that my fellow Linux fans will be found of.
    Will post in a forum later on.

Michael, would you like to contact those dudes: ThreeGates AB Visby Sweden.

They make VERY nice looking MMORPG, with some really interesting crafting.

So far its alpha or beta stage. So far a few hours of fully playable content. very a few bugs, none too annoying or game stopping.
    I am glad I payed kick starter.

Comment

As already mentioned, it would be cool if the way they give licenses changed. And the price. It should be beneficial for them to they make their engine more accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
        I am very sad that he decided to abandon Phoronix.
        Huh? I didn't decide to 'abandon' Phoronix.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

If they really want to improve the Linux gaming market, make a Skyrim-type game with Unigine ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by F i L View Post
            If they really want to improve the Linux gaming market, make a Skyrim-type game with Unigine ;-)
            I'm sure someone with a spare $100m and a Linux fetish is just sitting around, ready to go through 4+ years of grueling hell to use an engine with possibly no support for SKyrim's open world or high moddability, just to get a few thousand in sales from whiny Linux users and have Windows and XBox _maybe_ make enough real profit to justify the expenditure...

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
              I'm sure someone with a spare $100m and a Linux fetish is just sitting around, ready to go through 4+ years of grueling hell to use an engine with possibly no support for SKyrim's open world or high moddability, just to get a few thousand in sales from whiny Linux users and have Windows and XBox _maybe_ make enough real profit to justify the expenditure...
              Chill out elanthis. He was obviously being facetious.

Comment

Originally posted by F i L View Post
                Yeah, seeing those pictures from Unigine Valley made me think that that is what Skyrim should have looked like. I mean, Skyrim doesn't look bad, but they could have done better IMO. Doesn't help that I started playing Battlefield 3 around the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Huh? I didn't decide to 'abandon' Phoronix.
                  Well, I was under impression that you were to leave this project and move to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
                    Well, I was under impression that you were to leave this project and move to something else.
                    Leaving, yes. Abandoning, no. I'm only leaving when there is an appropriate suitor to continue running the site. It's tiring after doing up to 80~100 hour work weeks the past eight years and I have other ventures within the Linux benchmarking/software areas, etc.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Leaving, yes. Abandoning, no. I'm only leaving when there is an appropriate suitor to continue running the site. It's tiring after doing up to 80~100 hour work weeks the past eight years and I have other ventures within the Linux benchmarking/software areas, etc.
                      Are you gonna share more?

Comment

Working...
                      X