Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alien Arena: Mercury Edition Does A Lot Of Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alien Arena: Mercury Edition Does A Lot Of Changes

    Phoronix: Alien Arena: Mercury Edition Does A Lot Of Changes

    The latest update to the Alien Arena open-source first person shooter is now available for gamers. Alien Arena: Mercury Edition has a whole lot in the way of changes...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI5NzA

  • #2
    Media dump:





    Trailer:

    Comment


    • #3
      Would be interesting to see this and other FOSS games on Steam some day.

      Comment


      • #4
        No need for Steam with open-source games, it can be directly included in distros repositories.

        Comment


        • #5
          Congrats to the team! This is one game that deserves more coverage.

          Comment


          • #6
            Is it still just a rehash of Quake3 with prettied up graphics? Yes? Then it's not news.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kivada View Post
              Is it still just a rehash of Quake3 with prettied up graphics? Yes? Then it's not news.
              Well if you're one of those people that think all deathmatch FPS games are a rehash of Quake 3, then sure

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Irritant View Post
                Well if you're one of those people that think all deathmatch FPS games are a rehash of Quake 3, then sure
                Only the best ones.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
                  Only the best ones.
                  "Best" as in completely uninspired and was only amusing for about half an hour when you where 12?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                    "Best" as in completely uninspired and was only amusing for about half an hour when you where 12?
                    Haters gonna hate

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X