Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wargame: European Escalation Coming Soon To Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wargame: European Escalation Coming Soon To Linux

    Phoronix: Wargame: European Escalation Coming Soon To Linux

    While it was speculated it would come to Linux as a key developer stated internally they were running the game on Linux, Wargame: European Escalation has now been officially announced for Linux. The game is currently undergoing closed beta testing on Linux before its official Steam debut...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI5MTE

  • #2
    Damn steam, I want standalone games

    Comment


    • #3
      I heard CoD5 for xpoks is stand alone

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by moilami View Post
        I heard CoD5 for xbox is stand alone


        Hooray for the year of linux gaming, keep them games coming !

        Comment


        • #5
          Claims to be one of the most realistic games

          Is, if put into the historic context, the most unrealistic game ever made.

          Comment


          • #6
            excellent news.

            though i'd be delighted if it was released on gog.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
              excellent news.

              though i'd be delighted if it was released on gog.
              Ummm, I maybe wrong, but I always thought GoG was for much older games than this...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                Claims to be one of the most realistic games
                Pfft.



                They don't even try to make realistical games anymore. Your average ADHD just can't play them.



                There is a reason why everything must be 'accessible' novadays.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Besides a few obvious bugs, it runs great and I'm surprised at the quality of the port.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pheldens View Post
                    Damn steam, I want standalone games
                    Didn't you support the arrival of Steam for Linux just like everyone did?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by moilami View Post
                      Pfft.

                      They don't even try to make realistical games anymore. Your average ADHD just can't play them.

                      There is a reason why everything must be 'accessible' novadays.
                      You're mistaken. Wargame is a VERY realistic game. It's not another stupid warcraft like RTS.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                        You're mistaken. Wargame is a VERY realistic game. It's not another stupid warcraft like RTS.
                        Hmm, this puzzles me that you dare say so after screenshots I posted.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
                          excellent news.

                          though i'd be delighted if it was released on gog.
                          I would love for that to happen as well but GOG still doesn't support Linux unfortunately.

                          Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
                          Ummm, I maybe wrong, but I always thought GoG was for much older games than this...
                          GOG does so much more these days. Go have a look!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
                            Besides a few obvious bugs, it runs great and I'm surprised at the quality of the port.
                            I agree it runs great, I don't think it's a port however. The Main developer said he develops the game on Ubuntu for all platforms, hence the Linux version exists. He even said it isn't stable and is buggy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
                              Ummm, I maybe wrong, but I always thought GoG was for much older games than this...
                              Classic game are no longer their focus, but since they enforce no DRM and same price for everyone, they tend to have harder time getting new game for distribution. But if they get a game available I buy from them, except if available through Humble Bundle (has Humble Bundle distributed game, even if not part of the Humble Indie Bundle, usually are DRM free, have Linux support, along having a steam code).

                              Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
                              I would love for that to happen as well but GOG still doesn't support Linux unfortunately.


                              GOG does so much more these days. Go have a look!
                              CD Projekt (parent company of GOG) show interest in supporting Linux, if it is indeed in their plan to support Linux, knowing them they will bring it out with a bang (has they actually know how to use the internet has a free marketing tool), thus Witcher 3 release, which should be officially announced on the 5th, would be a good bet has the game to launch GOG Linux support.
                              Last edited by iniudan; 02-03-2013, 01:06 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X