The Problems Right Now For Gaming On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rang501 View Post
    In my opinion, Xserver shouldn't die, when driver crashes. It should run as best it can and try to reload driver again (fallback into vesa mode?). every software piece contains bugs and xserver should be able to recover from it. Hardware failure is a different case, recovering from that is quite difficult, i think. In short, applications shouldn't be able to kill xserver at all.
    This would require additional server and it would be much slower.

Comment

I installed ubuntu and after three months i am now an expert so i requested many features for gnome3 which is now a huge success and now i'm turning my attention to gaming

by the way - alt and enter rather than alt and tab ... alt and g for mouse grab too

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid
        and often at least graficly not very advanced...
        Better graphics do not mean a better game. If you want better graphics, then contribute by making good, high-resolution art.

Comment

Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
          I installed ubuntu and after three months i am now an expert
          Either you are delusional, the funniest guy on the block or a genius on a level way beyond Einstein...

Comment

Originally posted by rang501 View Post
            In my opinion, Xserver shouldn't die, when driver crashes.
            I think it's usually not the driver crashing, but the "software" running on the GPU. (It is sometimes possible to detect such crashes, and then the driver can hopefully restart the GPU, but if such a crash is not detected...)

Comment

Originally posted by JanC View Post
              Either you are delusional, the funniest guy on the block or a genius on a level way beyond Einstein...
              hahaha i r taking the piss out of some of the users on here....

gentoo user for many years and i still know nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by JanC View Post
                I think it's usually not the driver crashing, but the "software" running on the GPU. (It is sometimes possible to detect such crashes, and then the driver can hopefully restart the GPU, but if such a crash is not detected...)
                The firmware on the GPU is VERY unlikely to ever crash unless the driver itself has already been corrupted in some way, resulting in bad data getting passed in.

Comment

Working...
                X