Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Bundle 7 Approaching Two Million Dollars

Phoronix: Humble Bundle 7 Approaching Two Million Dollars

It's been another successful Humble Indie Bundle so far with the latest pay-what-you-want, cross-platform, DRM-free game offering approaching the two million dollar mark...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Dungeon Defenders

Sadly Dungeon Defenders doesn't work for me - has a segmentation fault compiling shaders at startup.

I wish the Humble folks would also hold the Linux ports to higher standards. For example many of the games capture all keyboard input. If you press the volume keys they swallow those which means you can't change your volume. Alt-Tab is also swallowed so you can't even get out of the game without manually exiting it.

Comment

Originally posted by grotgrot View Post
      Sadly Dungeon Defenders doesn't work for me - has a segmentation fault compiling shaders at startup.

I wish the Humble folks would also hold the Linux ports to higher standards. For example many of the games capture all keyboard input. If you press the volume keys they swallow those which means you can't change your volume. Alt-Tab is also swallowed so you can't even get out of the game without manually exiting it.
      It's sort of sad that this is a large part of the reason that I prefer to use WINE for a lot of games.

Comment

Originally posted by grotgrot View Post

Doesn't running as sudo solve this issue ?

From the game Linux FAQ: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthre...ux-Version-FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Bitiquinho View Post
          Doesn't running as sudo solve this issue ?

From the game Linux FAQ: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthre...ux-Version-FAQ
          While that may be the case, no game should require root privs to run.

Comment

After dealing with the silly gnome-screensaver-command issue, I've got Dungeon Defenders to work but I can't get it to work properly in fullscreen and there are some serious focus issues, at least under XFCE. It looks pretty though. I finally bit the bullet and did something I said I'd never do, I reinstalled Catalyst. It still annoys me just like it used to but I'm part way through devising a quick and easy way to switch between the two on Gentoo, without having to stick to the old xorg-server when using the open driver. I've also created an ebuild for the game. Now that Christmas day (which is my daughter's birthday!) is over, I might actually get a chance to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
              It still annoys me just like it used to but I'm part way through devising a quick and easy way to switch between the two on Gentoo, without having to stick to the old xorg-server when using the open driver.
              I did that myself on openSUSE. fglrx unfortunately replaces some of the libraries (libGL), so the best way is to create a shell script that uses update-alternatives (eselect?) to switch links between the two, and moves the xorg.conf file around. Also make sure that in /etc/modprobe.d it's not blacklisting the radeon module when switching to that.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                I did that myself on openSUSE. fglrx unfortunately replaces some of the libraries (libGL), so the best way is to create a shell script that uses update-alternatives (eselect?) to switch links between the two, and moves the xorg.conf file around. Also make sure that in /etc/modprobe.d it's not blacklisting the radeon module when switching to that.
                Thanks to eselect opengl, Gentoo can already install both alongside each other without any conflict but that's only part of the battle. I was hoping to be able to do the switch without rebooting or at least using kexec but I couldn't get either of those techniques to work. I did manage to come up with a method that doesn't involve downgrading xorg-server or switching configuration files around though. The result is an extra menu entry in GRUB 2. I've written about it on the wiki.

Comment

anyone got Shank2 to do savegames ?

it only "saves" the state while the game is still running - after quitting it you have to start anew in campaign mode

this is unacceptable ! this applies to 32bit and 64bit mode

it also saves the (empty) net.log in .klei/shank2 instead of any conventional folder

that's the first game by EA I saw which is running under linux natively
                  Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 27 December 2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

They added some games and so now they have passed $2 Million.

Comment

Working...
                    X