No announcement yet.

The First Unreal Engine 3 Game Ships For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just 5 years after the official release.

Which means we won't see UE4 based games until 2018. Lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Dashiva View Post
      Wish it worked.

This is what I get attempting to run it:

Code:
      [m@ptah DungeonDefenders]$ ./DungeonDefenders 
      Dungeon Defenders: Installed in '/home/m/Downloads/DungeonDefenders'.
      XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
            after 153 requests (153 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
            after 18 requests (18 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
      Archlinux x64. Nivida GTX 570
      Same error here, but I'm on Mint x64, ATI 7870 w/ beta Cats

Comment

Ryan Gordon ported Unreal Engine 3 to Linux years ago but ultimately was never permitted to release the Unreal Tournament 3 Linux client...
        As long as Microsoft and Apple are preventing games that run on their platform to run on Linux, we will see this happening. Now finally their money is starting to run out and real competition will be allowed! Porting most any game to Linux is only trivial, the real stop is the company deals&policies.

Comment

On intel 4000 it's a segfault, while displaying the launcher for the blink of an eye.
          Code:
          Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
          0x09a21c8e in TOpenGLShader<(ERHIResourceTypes)8, 35632u>::Compile() ()
          (gdb) bt
          #0  0x09a21c8e in TOpenGLShader<(ERHIResourceTypes)8, 35632u>::Compile() ()
          #1  0x09a039c7 in FOpenGLDynamicRHI::CreatePixelShader(TArray<unsigned char, FDefaultAllocator> const&) ()
          #2  0x08e9bd76 in FShader::InitRHI() ()
          #3  0x099fc778 in FOpenGLDynamicRHI::Init() ()
          #4  0x09a2dc4e in FOpenGLViewport::FOpenGLViewport(FOpenGLDynamicRHI*, void*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int) ()
          #5  0x09a2c46f in FOpenGLDynamicRHI::CreateViewport(void*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int) ()
          #6  0x090c8b5d in FViewport::UpdateViewportRHI(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int) ()
          #7  0x09af9683 in FMacViewport::Resize(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, int, int) ()
          #8  0x09af91d1 in FMacViewport::FMacViewport(UMacClient*, FViewportClient*, wchar_t const*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, int, int) ()
          #9  0x09af222f in UMacClient::CreateViewportFrame(FViewportClient*, wchar_t const*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int) ()
          #10 0x088c0e5d in FEngineLoop::Init() ()
          #11 0x088b80cd in GuardedMain(wchar_t const*, void*, void*, int) ()
          #12 0x09af5e32 in appMacCallGuardedMain() ()
          #13 0x09aff23b in main ()
          Is that a debug build with all debug symbols...?

Comment

Do you use mesa 9.0.1?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Do you use mesa 9.0.1?
              Mesa 9.1-devel (git-fddcc67)

Comment

Originally posted by Dashiva View Post
                Wish it worked.

This is what I get attempting to run it:

Code:
                [m@ptah DungeonDefenders]$ ./DungeonDefenders 
                Dungeon Defenders: Installed in '/home/m/Downloads/DungeonDefenders'.
                      after 153 requests (153 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
                      after 18 requests (18 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
                Archlinux x64. Nivida GTX 570
                Got the same on 32bit, arch.

Comment

Open door

Now the door is open for port a bunch of games.

Mass Effect saga, Batman Arkham Asylum/City were my favorite choices to be the first.

And now that I think of ... Is there any way one can make function any UE3 game (like the above) by simply copying the content files (of Windows version) to the right folders of this "Dungeon Defenders" game?

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
                    And now that I think of ... Is there any way one can make function any UE3 game (like the above) by simply copying the content files (of Windows version) to the right folders of this "Dungeon Defenders" game?
                    No way.

(10 char limit)

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
                      Now the door is open for port a bunch of games.

Mass Effect saga, Batman Arkham Asylum/City were my favorite choices to be the first.

No, that is not possible since all developers with a full source license make various, often substanial, changes to the engine. This is especially the case wirh AAA games. There ate also varous other issues such as C++ extensions you Unrealscript code.

Comment

Working...
                      X