Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humble Indie Bundle 7 Launches, New Linux Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Humble Indie Bundle 7 Launches, New Linux Games

    Phoronix: Humble Indie Bundle 7 Launches, New Linux Games

    Just in time for Christmas there is a new Humble Indie Bundle. Unlike the recent THQ Humble Bundle that were Windows-only titles, this new bundle is back to being cross-platform and DRM-free...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI1NzM

  • #2
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Humble Indie Bundle 7 Launches, New Linux Games

    Just in time for Christmas there is a new Humble Indie Bundle. Unlike the recent THQ Humble Bundle that were Windows-only titles, this new bundle is back to being cross-platform and DRM-free...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI1NzM
    Wikipedia: The Humble Bundles (previously known as Humble Indie Bundles)

    This is notable change. Now they are officially "just another bundle".

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
      Wikipedia: The Humble Bundles (previously known as Humble Indie Bundles)

      This is notable change. Now they are officially "just another bundle".
      This one is a Humble Indie Bundle - the change of the overall naming is because they now have other bundles too (like the THQ one). The other bundles are still "pay what you want" and a lot of the money goes to charity. I don't think it hurts the Indie bundles by having more of a good thing.

      Comment


      • #4
        yayyyyyyyyyyy. ...purchased. going to redeem on Steam and install on ubuntu that way o.o i've got 30 steam games already :-)

        Comment


        • #5
          Is the Grimrock Linux port available on Steam now?
          I purchased the Windows version some time ago.
          BTW, awesome game!

          Comment


          • #6
            Dungeon Defenders... UE3... Linux... =)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by entropy View Post
              Is the Grimrock Linux port available on Steam now?
              I purchased the Windows version some time ago.
              BTW, awesome game!
              None of the HIB games are in the Steam beta yet. I guessing Valve wants to keep attention focused on a small set of games so it's easier to figure out general problems before having to deal with a lot of game specific issues.

              Comment


              • #8
                Michael, you missed the opportunity to state, that Dungeon Defenders is the first game for Linux, that uses the Unreal Engine 3 and SDL 2.0.

                https://twitter.com/icculus/status/281520555977482240

                And 1 min later, he posts the news. :-) Well, must have been ready while I wrote this post.
                Last edited by ChemicalBrother; 12-19-2012, 06:29 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  While they might not be advertised as on steam yet, I've activated Shank 2 and The Binding Of Isaac and they both started downloading content, not just the placeholder stuff like Braid etc.

                  Not sure about the others as I cancelled the at the d/l part in steam activation.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That's a known problem with Steam/Linux. Whenever you enter a serial then also Win games download. Best do not activate the download option and look later in your library.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It seems like Shank2's archive on Linux is corrupted

                      At the moment of writing this the archived file provided at the download via torrents (probably direct download also, did not try it yet) for Shank2 for Linux is corrupted. There is no way I could find to extract it.

                      Here is a thread about this on the official Klai forums. I hope it will be fixed.
                      http://forums.kleientertainment.com/...nk-2-for-Linux

                      PS: Trying to download from the site, maybe that file is good.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        dungeon defenders

                        I got the bundle just to play this, and all i get is:
                        Code:
                        XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
                              after 149 requests (149 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
                        XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
                              after 18 requests (18 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
                        And my system met all the requirements, what a shame.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
                          yayyyyyyyyyyy. ...purchased. going to redeem on Steam and install on ubuntu that way o.o i've got 30 steam games already :-)
                          Redeem on USC is better IMHO (Updates integrated with apt-get etc.)...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
                            I got the bundle just to play this, and all i get is:
                            Code:
                            XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
                                  after 149 requests (149 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
                            XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
                                  after 18 requests (18 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
                            And my system met all the requirements, what a shame.
                            Same problem here...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by patkoscsaba View Post
                              Same problem here...
                              I own most of the bundles but since I am still waiting for fixes and updates to appear from bundles ago I am done with their absolute garbage ports. Absolutely 0 confidence in their work.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X