Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Has A Christmas Present For Linux Gamers

Phoronix: Valve Has A Christmas Present For Linux Gamers

Valve will allow many more Linux gamers to participate in the Steam Linux client beta testing at the start of next week...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI1MDk

Can Archlinux distribute it?

Comment

More games

I'd love to see more games though.

Such as Half-Life 2 and Portal 2.

And more high-quality AAA games that are free of cost.
      Because I almost never play games, so I just want to try out some games for like half an hour.
      So I don't wanna spend money on games that I won't really play for more than an half an hour anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I'd love to see more games though.

Such as Half-Life 2 and Portal 2.

And more high-quality AAA games that are free of cost.
        Because I almost never play games, so I just want to try out some games for like half an hour.
        So I don't wanna spend money on games that I won't really play for more than an half an hour anyway.
        That's how I feel about the HiB in a way. I don't usually end up playing most of the games but just in case I get board I got a whole lot more of half working games to try!

Comment

Originally posted by babali View Post
          Can Archlinux distribute it?
          I still get updates from Arch. I actually managed to use the steam client without even being a beta member (although i am now), but the only linux compatible game i own on steam is limbo, which refuses to download.

Comment

I have redeemed most of my HiB purchases on Steam for easy game library management on my Windows/Mac boxes. Many of the HiB games are already on the list of games available in Linux Steam as well, so I'm anxiously waiting to get into the beta.

I have a feeling that if they've got Left for Dead 2 and TF2 working, Portal (or at least portal 2), and hopefully CS:GO (fingers are crossed) probably won't be too far behind. It also means that we'll probably get the next instalment of the half-life series.

Comment

I hope they bring L4D2 to the beta soon.

Comment

I hope CS:GO will be available for Linux soon

Comment

Originally posted by Koorac View Post
                  I hope CS:GO will be available for Linux soon
                  +1

CS:GO and Skyrim are the only reasons I ever boot into Windows these days.

Comment

As far as Skyrim goes, it's playable under wine with pretty much zero mucking around. Can't say I know about CS:GO's status though.

Comment

Working...
                    X