X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought we would finally get L4D2

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
      I have redeemed most of my HiB purchases on Steam for easy game library management on my Windows/Mac boxes. Many of the HiB games are already on the list of games available in Linux Steam as well, so I'm anxiously waiting to get into the beta.

I have a feeling that if they've got Left for Dead 2 and TF2 working, Portal (or at least portal 2), and hopefully CS:GO (fingers are crossed) probably won't be too far behind. It also means that we'll probably get the next instalment of the half-life series.
      Well most HIB games have yet to make the Steam beta. FTL is also missing, but will be added soon(tm) according to the FTL devs.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
        I have a feeling that if they've got Left for Dead 2 and TF2 working, Portal (or at least portal 2), and hopefully CS:GO (fingers are crossed) probably won't be too far behind. It also means that we'll probably get the next instalment of the half-life series.
        You mean they are not going to bother to port more of their old game catalogue?

Comment

They have stated that they didn't have any plans to port the pre 2007 SDK's so any game that is build on thows versions of Source are very unlikely to come to Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
            They have stated that they didn't have any plans to port the pre 2007 SDK's so any game that is build on thows versions of Source are very unlikely to come to Linux.
            I don't see a problem here.

HL2 is available on Mac. And AFAIK there is no Source SDK available for Mac at all.

Comment

I'm willing to pay for a Linux game just to support the direction Valve's going in - and I'm not a huge gamer... Was in college, married w/children now so less time ... but I'm on board w/Valve's direction and I encourage everyone else too.

Comment

The Arch User Repo works just fine. Due to the Arch Linux Repo discussion where they moved it to the official multilib repo for a short time, Valve has evaluated ideas on how to provide repackaging for distros.

Subject: RE: Re: Archlinux PKGBUILD
                Hey Daniel, I just wanted to let you know, in large part thanks to your feedback we decided that we're not going to try to update /usr/bin/steam, and let package managers take care of that.
                I'm in the process of putting together a web repo, mailing list, and shell script installer so people who want to repackage steam for their distribution can easily do it.
                I also talked to Liam and gave him the list of things we include in the steam package so he can give appropriate legal permissions for this.
                Cheers!
                This is from the AUR comments posted by the AUR maintainer.

There is already an steamrepo mailinglist.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                  I don't see a problem here.

HL2 is available on Mac. And AFAIK there is no Source SDK available for Mac at all.
                  It probably means that there internal tools from that era also won't be ported.

Comment

Originally posted by Redshirt001 View Post
                    As far as Skyrim goes, it's playable under wine with pretty much zero mucking around. Can't say I know about CS:GO's status though.
                    CS:GO runs near flawlessly in WINE actually. Still I and no doubt many others would like the native port.

Comment

For those whw have already the non-steam version of a game installed and wan't install the steam version of the game: you can symlink the game folder in to your SteamApps folder and steam uses the installed version.
                      I tested it with Oilrush.

Comment

Working...
                      X