Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Is Coming To Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by gamerk2 View Post
    So...Linux gets it after Windows, OSX, iOS, and Android...

    See the problem here?
    No, I don't. The fact that we're getting it at all is good enough for me.

    Comment


    • #12
      There's already GemRB, so why I shoud buy this version?

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Larian View Post
        No, I don't. The fact that we're getting it at all is good enough for me.
        Same here.

        Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
        There's already GemRB, so why I shoud buy this version?
        Well, this one has new content, commercial support, and by buying it you would encourage the developers to bring more games to Linux.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
          Same here.



          Well, this one has new content, commercial support, and by buying it you would encourage the developers to bring more games to Linux.
          New cotent or content that is already supplied via mods?, true, true.
          Does it uses FHS correct folders or is it installed in '/opt' as many other games that don't support it?
          One advantage for GemRB is that you can build it from source and make changes that you need.

          Comment


          • #15
            I am hoping Gemrb will be able to use the new content.

            Comment


            • #16
              I guess it shouldn't be much harder for gemrb to run Baldur's Gate 1 EE than Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod .... I still prefer BGT with other mods, though.

              Comment

              Working...
              X