Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the major game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What happened to the major game?

    Does anyone here know what happened to the major game announcement we where supposed to get according to this tweet by Michael: https://twitter.com/michaellarabel/s...53657661534208

    another major game will be announced natively for #Linux in the very near future.
    That was 18 days ago. Any heard anything about this? Any rumors?

  • #2
    planetscape 2

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
      planetscape 2
      What is that, I never heard about it?

      Comment


      • #4
        Helloo..

        i also don't know anything....

        covetus

        Comment


        • #5
          He just likes to make sure people keep visiting the site :P

          Remember how long it was for valve to announce Linux from when he started hyping it up, don't expect it soon!

          Liam of GamingOnLinux.com

          Comment


          • #6
            And there has been the screenshot of this Linux port of one of those recent Batman games.
            Aren't they based on Unreal Engine 3.x ? Any news on that one?

            Comment


            • #7
              "And there has been the screenshot of this Linux port of one of those recent Batman games."

              Got any link/source for this?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
                "And there has been the screenshot of this Linux port of one of those recent Batman games."

                Got any link/source for this?
                https://twitter.com/michaellarabel/s...32183206920192




                https://twitter.com/michaellarabel/s...30970759454722




                https://twitter.com/michaellarabel/s...29924184145921

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wow, that is really very surprising to see. But the pictures are rather old... I really hope it didn't end up being the exact same thing as UT3...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    Wow, that is really very surprising to see. But the pictures are rather old... I really hope it didn't end up being the exact same thing as UT3...
                    Most probably they are from May. So not *that* old.

                    The Mac OSX version of "Arkham City" has just been released recently
                    http://www.cultofmac.com/194018/batm...this-november/

                    Maybe they're still working on a Linux port...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Some osx games just use something like wine or what is called now gamingtree (informer cedega, winex).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kano View Post
                        Some osx games just use something like wine or what is called now gamingtree (informer cedega, winex).
                        That wouldn't be promising then.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Still not as much as a small hint about this. So much for the whole soon thing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
                            He just likes to make sure people keep visiting the site :P

                            Remember how long it was for valve to announce Linux from when he started hyping it up, don't expect it soon!

                            Liam of GamingOnLinux.com
                            Do you have ANY idea how hypocritical this post is?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Very probably since I linked my own website :P

                              My point stands though a lot of his "coming soon", "keep watching us" etc by now everyone should realise is to drive traffic, lots of websites do it it's not unusual.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X