Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apply To Be Part Of The Valve Linux Beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    The irony is that the Steam for Linux community chat only works through Steam, which we still don't have a client for.

    Comment


    • #22
      my biggest problem was that, I really want to test. I'm run Arch (testing repo) with KDE, but I put down Mint with Cinnamon as the OS I would test it on. To improve my chances . Then my Steam ID is left from my CounterStrike Source days. I stopped playing when I switched to Linux fulltime. Dual booting is to much hassel for me. I bearly had hw to play CSS in Windows so I did not even try with Wine

      So my computer is not up to date with what a gaming rig would be. For my daily video with vdpau and browsing it does not need to. If I get selected I would go out and buy a new Linux rig.

      That would then be a Intel so I could test with Intel gfx drivers. But also a Nvidia card for trouble free living.

      Also if there is a Intel gfx driver bug. I can still test more using the Nvidia card and is not stuck waiting on a driver update.

      But its hard to know how Valve reason for the people they choose.

      Comment


      • #23
        LOL for the ones with problems submitting data....that's what happens when you are FOSS fanatics

        I used Firefox 16.01 plus FlashPlayer and had ZERO problems in submitting data...

        OTOH, i DOUBT that i am selected....

        I was HONEST in my answers and as distro, i selected OTHER because if am supposed to only select one distro, i intend to test it under SLACKWARE....

        It would be easy to answer UBUNTU , but hell with it....

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by ayandon View Post
          You didn't understand this point

          Running any games through Wine needs tweakings and modifications, which needs little bit of Linux and Window$ tech knowledge.

          Valve is looking for people who can do so if there is any bug or glitch in their native Client or Game.
          No you don't understand the real point I use wine for games for years and I always tweak,modification and crack my games.

          But the knowledge to follow howto's and do trial and error research for bugs do not mean that someone falls into a valve trap of dumpshit.

          And hey I do not use wine and tweak and mod and crack for a longer time to pay the companys for there bad linux support.

          Wine is for me a tool to use Pirates versions only because i do not pay for an anti-linux-support.

          So just to make this clear! Valve go fuck yourself!

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by AJSB View Post
            LOL for the ones with problems submitting data....that's what happens when you are FOSS fanatics
            Hell? are you stupid? Adobe-flash is a "Trojan" so anyone who not install a Trojan-spy tool is a FOSS fanatic?

            There are security reasons to not install Adobe-flash.
            There are many other reasons but this is a example.

            Also Valve don't want to work with FOSS fanatics? why they build a steam clind for linux anyway?

            are only stupid people allowed to play games with valve-steam?

            Comment


            • #26
              I was so fast answering their query that i missed the link for the forum discussion about the beta and how we gonna be notified


              Any one can provide link for forum and remember how we gonna be notified ?!?


              Comment


              • #27
                I have to choose "Other" Distribution because I mainly use Arch. But I could also test with Ubuntu on another PC.
                I have to choose KDE because I mainly use KDE. But I also have Gnome3, XFCE, LXDE, etc. on my Notebook which I could test with.
                I'm not sure if I want to put if I'm interested in sport games because I like racing games but I don't like e.g. soccer simulations.
                Again, I have to put my notebook but I could also test on a desktop PC.
                I have to choose intel graphics but I said desktop PC would have a nvidia card.
                I don't get my graphics drivers from the ubuntu package manager, because I have the "other" distribution. I can't tell them that I use the latest git versions anyway.

                Not a very good survey.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                  Hell? are you stupid? Adobe-flash is a "Trojan" so anyone who not install a Trojan-spy tool is a FOSS fanatic?

                  There are security reasons to not install Adobe-flash.
                  There are many other reasons but this is a example.

                  Also Valve don't want to work with FOSS fanatics? why they build a steam clind for linux anyway?

                  are only stupid people allowed to play games with valve-steam?
                  I believe that you completely missed the ""

                  Cool down , i was pulling your chain

                  As for FlashPlayer, till there is a FOSS *FULLY* compatible player and/or HTML5 would dominate and replace it for good, we are bound to use it if you want to use FLASH in some sites....believe me, i TRULY test the FOSS options and they WON'T WORK at all i some sites that i like to visit


                  The day they would and/or HTML5 be used in those sites , believe me that i will dump happily FlashPlayer...

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                    I have to choose "Other" Distribution because I mainly use Arch. But I could also test with Ubuntu on another PC.
                    I have to choose KDE because I mainly use KDE. But I also have Gnome3, XFCE, LXDE, etc. on my Notebook which I could test with.
                    I'm not sure if I want to put if I'm interested in sport games because I like racing games but I don't like e.g. soccer simulations.
                    Again, I have to put my notebook but I could also test on a desktop PC.
                    I have to choose intel graphics but I said desktop PC would have a nvidia card.
                    I don't get my graphics drivers from the ubuntu package manager, because I have the "other" distribution. I can't tell them that I use the latest git versions anyway.

                    Not a very good survey.
                    These valve people are really strange.

                    they check for so many stupid things : Windows/Wine windows-clind-steam usage,Flashplayer installed, then if you want to join the beta you need to fake your distro : Ubuntu and you need to use closed source drivers for Nvidia+AMD the only opensource driver supported is intel and so one and so one.

                    they really only want brain-damaged people.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by AJSB View Post
                      I believe that you completely missed the ""

                      Cool down , i was pulling your chain

                      As for FlashPlayer, till there is a FOSS *FULLY* compatible player and/or HTML5 would dominate and replace it for good, we are bound to use it if you want to use FLASH in some sites....believe me, i TRULY test the FOSS options and they WON'T WORK at all i some sites that i like to visit


                      The day they would and/or HTML5 be used in those sites , believe me that i will dump happily FlashPlayer...
                      yes right... but hey sometimes you just don't want to follow a smiley in a angry tropic like this.

                      we really need to get rid of this flash player.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X