Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Attempt To Push Ubuntu As A Gaming Platform

Phoronix: An Attempt To Push Ubuntu As A Gaming Platform

At the Ubuntu Developer Summit later this month in Copenhagen, a number of gaming-related development sessions are scheduled as Ubuntu developers try to push their Linux distribution as a first-rate gaming platform...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIwNTY

Low-jitter!

Well I have this thing called .. low-jitter kernel

Relay it to the ubuntu folks, I`m banned in their forum. I think I called someone gay or something.

Comment

yeah, and also network latency, could be a killer feature.

Comment

Process clean-up actions seems important. I was left with a 640x480 screen several times in the past when something goes wrong or even when exiting a game normally.

Comment

That's funny - they almost verbatim reiterate a list of main linux problems ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
            That's funny - they almost verbatim reiterate a list of main linux problems ;-)
            Well it's good that (due to Valve, Humble-Bundle, and Unity) something's finally being done about it.

Comment

What ?

They're begining to try to solve these problems 7 years after launching ubuntu... okay, I'll begin to pay for ubuntu in 7 years too.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox Uncreated View Post
                Well I have this thing called .. low-jitter kernel

Relay it to the ubuntu folks, I`m banned in their forum. I think I called someone gay or something.
                Are you sure it wasn't for spamming?

Comment

Well those are killer feature for me. I just hope their improvements are not meant for Unity only; KDE/Kubuntu also get the resolution reset feature.

Comment

If they really make work on these points (especially on Unity), gaming or no, I think it'll be great.

Comment

Working...
                    X