No announcement yet.

Humble Indie Bundle 6 Brings In New Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the shut up and take my money move for this one I have been waiting for torchlight for a LONGGGGG while. I have both nvidia and AMD cards that are comparable on close processors so I am going to be testing that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by directhex View Post
      Note: Rochard = Mono-based
      Unless I'm mistaken Rochard uses Unity. Unity only uses Mono for scripting, Unity itself is a native runtime written in C++, so saying it's 'Mono-based' is quite a stretch as the most important component is the native runtime.

On another note all the games in this humble bundle looks great, time to make a purchase!

Comment

Originally posted by Malizor View Post
        Fun fact: here (Ubuntu 12.04 + Radeon HD3650), Dustforce is laggy with Catalyst and run perfectly with the free driver.
        I did not try any other HIB6 game for now.
        If the catalyst driver is pegging your cpu(s) at max it could be a latency issue. You input has to wait too long to get a responds and thus it feels laggy though the framerate is quite high.

Comment

Originally posted by narciso View Post
          If someone tries Torchlight, try to notice if you character head become transparent when a helmet is used.
          both AMD (flgrx) and nvidia (official) cause the transparent faces

Comment

Is Torchlight Native? or wrapped in wine?

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonzest View Post
              Is Torchlight Native? or wrapped in wine?
              AFAIK, the Mac version has been out for some time and is native. Don't see why they would use wine on linux.

Comment

Rochard - runs super good. can alt+tab, switch workspaces in fullscreen mode, pressing esc key to bring up menu ugrabs mouse so i can use my second monitor etc. this is how all games should be.. Unity engine seems nice.
                Shatter - works fine but just not my type of game.
                SPAZ - installs fine. 2 Fps in the menus. havent even tryed to lag beyond menu with that framerate.
                Dustforce - works fine without issues
                Torchlight - haven't tryed the native version yet, completed the game via wine without issues and TL2 preload is also waiting for release date.
                Vessel - waiting for packages.

System Specs:
                Processor:AMD Phenom II X4 955 , ~3.4GHz
                Memory:8 GB DDR3 (1333Mhz)
                Video Card:Asus Geforce 560 Ti 1GB Direct CU
                Sound Card:Realtek ALC889
                Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
                Operating System:Linux Mint 13 Maya 64bit
                Kernel: 3.5.3
                Filesystem: ext4
                Nvidia drivers: 304.43
                Desktop Environment: MATE

Comment

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
                  Unless I'm mistaken Rochard uses Unity. Unity only uses Mono for scripting, Unity itself is a native runtime written in C++, so saying it's 'Mono-based' is quite a stretch as the most important component is the native runtime.
                  The "most important component" is the game itself, which is definitely written in either C#, Boo, or JavaScript, on Mono of course (JavaScript being the most popular).

A large part of Unity is also written in C#/Mono, btw. Mono forms the core object system for the engine and is used extensively in their editor, UI system, and more. While they call it "scripting" in the docs, that's just an arbitrary label (and you certainly use C# for a hell of a lot more than "scripting" would imply if you make a serious Unity game). So even if you consider Unity the key bit of the equation, it _is_ still heavily Mono based.

Comment

Originally posted by xpander View Post
                    SPAZ - installs fine. 2 Fps in the menus. havent even tryed to lag beyond menu with that framerate.
                    System Specs:
                    Processor:AMD Phenom II X4 955 , ~3.4GHz
                    Memory:8 GB DDR3 (1333Mhz)
                    Video Card:Asus Geforce 560 Ti 1GB Direct CU
                    Sound Card:Realtek ALC889
                    Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
                    Operating System:Linux Mint 13 Maya 64bit
                    Kernel: 3.5.3
                    Filesystem: ext4
                    Nvidia drivers: 304.43
                    Desktop Environment: MATE
                    Spaz: Menus are smooth as silk on a 6+ year old ATI Mobility X700 with the Radeon r300g (Gallium) open source drivers.. Pentium M 2.0 Ghz (single core). Kick ass...

Comment

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
                      both AMD (flgrx) and nvidia (official) cause the transparent faces
                      Same as this bug? https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=55069

Comment

Working...
                      X