No announcement yet.

Valve Shows Off Steam's Big Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to be awesome. My XBMC media center PC is just a core OS with minimal X. I'll add a controller to it, and a launcher for Steam.

That brings me to something I've been thinking about - Xinput devices like the 360 controller and some Logitechs/etc are pretty much the de-facto gaming controllers on windows. On Linux we have the amazin xboxdrv, and the fairly crappy xpad driver. I wonder which one Steam will end up supporting? I hope to Zeus it's xboxdrv - it IS in the Ubuntu repos now, and should be default instead of xpad. Not sure why it isn't.

Comment

why would you want to play with a controller? or use one? Those things only destroy your fingers muscles and tendons.

Aside form that: Valve rescued the TV producers. Nice job Valve.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
        why would you want to play with a controller? or use one? Those things only destroy your fingers muscles and tendons.
        As opposed to keyboard and mice which are actually good for your hands and definitely don't do exactly the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post

Aside form that: Valve rescued the TV producers. Nice job Valve.
          Because its not exactly easy / comfortable to play on your couch with a mouse and keyboard. This is an early stage HTPC / console replacement, its not really relevant to playing at your desk.

Originally posted by harik
          Only useful if they allow using an account from multiple places. I'll be fucked if I buy a second copy of every game for my TV so my kids can play too. Yes, block out using the same game on multiple devices at once if your DRM requires it, but let me play TF2 while they play toki-tori!
          You could also buy your games via seperate accounts, either an account for every game, or an account for pad games, and an account for mouse/keyboard games. Still, I agree a family mode would be good.
          Last edited by ownagefool; 11 September 2012, 01:45 PM.

Comment

i'm not suggesting this product but something like this isn't too bad at all, i've got my xbmc set up on a quad core using this and i'm pretty satisfied but for first person shooters you cant beat a hardcore mouse from razr/logitech with maybe a nostromo

next i need some sort of desk that i can use on the couch so i can use a mouse/keyboard/nostromo .... i'm going to get really fat aren't I...

Comment

the thing comes included with a controller daisey wheel

tried it at a friends house, none of you are going to need a keyboard with that thing, really

so that picture above me, you wont need

Comment

Working...
              X