Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LGP Begins Pushing Their Outdated Crap In Ubuntu

Phoronix: LGP Begins Pushing Their Outdated Crap In Ubuntu

Linux Game Publishing is beginning to release their games for sale within the Ubuntu Software Center. To get started, they released Sacred Gold for Ubuntu -- a game that was released for Windows eight years ago, wasn't really popular ever, and was originally ported by LGP back in 2008/2009...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In other news...

Today, Michael got up on the wrong side of the bed and pooped his pants.

F

Comment

Wait what? What kind of article title is that? :-/

Maybe LGP isn't too fast at porting games but they do get some games out once in a while and have been doing that even before the recent rise in popularity of Linux versions among game devs. I think they deserve kudos for that.

Comment

I liked the title.

I really have no idea what these guys are hoping to accomplish by pushing these old and unpopular games to the software center.

Comment

That may be so, but they are trying to their best of abilities. And should deserve credit for that.

There was absolutely no need to be so harsh about LGP, even with the big server outage of last year. They did not deserve that.

Comment

Originally posted by russofris View Post
            In other news...

Today, Michael got up on the wrong side of the bed and pooped his pants.

F
            lol or maybe he pooped on one side of the bed and rolled into it this morning.

Anyways, while the title is a bit harsh, it wasn't exactly unnecessary. I feel bad for LGP because their intentions are great but what good is porting a game that probably works flawlessly in wine? But hey, at least its something.

Comment

In other news an even more outdated game called Baldurs Gate is ported to Linux?!?
              I haven't notice Chess, Sudoku, Solitaire are so unpopular, books are outdated crap too (mostly) what happens if they are translated into another language? Not being an FPS person or a player who likes to solve puzzles all the time, doesn't make you an old crap playing type of guy.

Personally, I still wait for Populous (I+II) being ported...
              Last edited by disi; 31 August 2012, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I've long since given up on phoronix as a "news" site, but I've thought of it as a pretty decent blog, the only one I follow in fact, but with a article title like that I think I'm finally ready to give up on phoronix altogether.

A pity, really, it did have potential...

Comment

The LPG ist not bad, but the Ubuntu Software Center is, it where a good idea to release a Sofrware Center for commercial Applications that backends package managers and gives developers for commercial applications like games a strcture that is usable for every distrubtion if a backend for the correspoding package manager exists.

Comment

What a terrible excuse for an "article", even by this site's already terribly low standards. You should feel ashamed for that headline.

Comment

Working...
                    X