A Linux Port Of Baldur's Gate Is Being Looked At

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
    i have a sneaking suspicion most of you never heard of gemRB project - it allows you to play classic baldur's gate games on wide range of systems.

http://www.gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=start

still, linux port of newer version of the game is welcome.

I was going to mention it but couldn't recall the name.

Also has support for GB2 and ice-wind dale series.

Comment

In my opinion, this is the greatest gaming news ever.

I am ashamed to say aloud in public how many playthroughs I have made in BG Not to speak how many I might do if the rumour is to become true.

Sucks to be me

(Edit: But since I see there is only 7 retweets, I wont hold my breath.)
      Last edited by moilami; 08-31-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
        In my opinion, this is the greatest gaming news ever.

I am ashamed to say aloud in public how many playthroughs I have made in BG Not to speak how many I might do if the rumour is to become true.

Sucks to be me

(Edit: But since I see there is only 7 retweets, I wont hold my breath.)
        I'm with you. In contention for the best game ever, from my personal perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
          It won't come on steam, I was hoping they would make BG2 en expansion on BG1 like the mod comunity did.
          Are you referring to Baldur's Gate Trilogy? It is rather impressive.

There are many other mods but if you install too many then it ruins the game balance and some conflict with each other. The modders also encountered some engine bugs and limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by jhansonxi View Post
            Are you referring to Baldur's Gate Trilogy? It is rather impressive.

There are many other mods but if you install too many then it ruins the game balance and some conflict with each other. The modders also encountered some engine bugs and limitations.
            Yep, 1234567890

Comment

gemrb, Comments from my most recent experience.

I recently, at most 2 months ago, compiled the trunk version of gemrb. I saw the impressive screenshots, and couldn't believe such an ambitious project could be so completed.
              Unfortunately no recent install docs exist, and after going through about three installations, I failed to get a playable game. Projectiles would not equip, and other strange bugs, created an unplayable situation. Maybe gemrb will be a legitimate option, at some future point, but for now it's off the table.

Comment

Working...
              X