Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing Off The Linux-Friendly Unigine Renderer

Phoronix: Showing Off The Linux-Friendly Unigine Renderer

Besides Valve Software, another Linux-friendly game company to be presenting next week at SIGGRAPH LA 2012 is another Phoronix favorite, Unigine Corp...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE1MjM

I gonna buy Oil Rush but only after we get the Steam client and they make the Steam version of the game

Comment

Incredible!

Comment

glad and sad

I am glad Valve is coming, but i am really concerned with Unigine. I really hope their sales will increase. I really hope more companies will use their engine.

Comment

Questions as usual

How about a free SDK for free stuff?
          Please?

Will there be Rift integration?
          [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...into-the-game]

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
            I gonna buy Oil Rush but only after we get the Steam client and they make the Steam version of the game
            I bought the Oil Rush on DVD with Win/Apple/Linux installer and I also received Steam password so I was able to connect the DVD with Steam and now I have it on one PC installed trough Steam and on another trough DVD and it works very well So no need to wait :P

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
              You can use Oil Rush key in Steam ( for now only Windows/Mac ofc ) & Desura
              Part of e-mail & received this morning:

Please note that you can also activate your key in Steam (Windows) or Desura (Windows, Linux) (enter the key without hyphens, "-" symbols) for more convenient updates (faster download, less traffic). Bundle keys are also redeemable now on Desura.
              So You can buy this game now & activate it later under Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakarott View Post
                How about a free SDK for free stuff?
                Please?

Will there be Rift integration?
                [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...into-the-game]

yep they need to give more options like unity to be more competitive.

Comment

So how come nobody uses this engine if it is clearly capable of outputting nice graphics?

I guess people are just too "brainwashed" by Unreal Engine 3 or something :P

Comment

Originally posted by 9a3eedi View Post
                    So how come nobody uses this engine if it is clearly capable of outputting nice graphics?

I guess people are just too "brainwashed" by Unreal Engine 3 or something :P
                    The biggest argument that I've heard (multiple times) is that it's not the graphics quality, but the SDK, Toolkit, and content-building applications that make or break an engine.

Comment

Working...
                    X