Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve On Linux To Be Presented In Two Weeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Also would like to show interest in the slides, esp. the from 6 to 300 fps part.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Adarion View Post
      Also would like to show interest in the slides, esp. the from 6 to 300 fps part.

      +1 !

      So, it will be shown in two weeks huh ?

      Valve is at full Steam commited with Linux

      OK, this is gonna be my last day using Windows in my PC...this night i will reformat my HDs and will get rid once and for all of Windows....and i thought that this year i wouldn't buy any more games.....NOT so

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by AJSB View Post
        +1 !

        So, it will be shown in two weeks huh ?

        Valve is at full Steam commited with Linux

        OK, this is gonna be my last day using Windows in my PC...this night i will reformat my HDs and will get rid once and for all of Windows....and i thought that this year i wouldn't buy any more games.....NOT so
        It can be annoying not having games, but there are some and some of them are really good. That, and WINE works really well.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by fuzz View Post
          It can be annoying not having games, but there are some and some of them are really good. That, and WINE works really well.
          Actually no matter i have more than 50 legit windows games, i just noticed that the game that i play by far more time nowdays is still good and "old" Enemy Territory : QUAKE Wars...still best than majority of todays FPS ( i even dare to say, better than ANYTHING else)....guess what ? It has a Linux client

          In fact, i played majority of my ETQW online hours with it instead of the Windows client....

          So, i'm all good till Valve and their partners games start to roll in

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Paradox Uncreated View Post
            I wrote a little bit about early computing, and the 60hz smoothness of direct-to-hardware assembly-coded machines.

            And that low-latency configured (standard) linux kernels can do the same now.

            A nice read, for a bit oldschool-info, and the current state of linux.

            And why you should low-latency config your linux, before Left4Dead

            Peace Be With You.
            This might've been true in the late 90s or the early 2000s, but is it true these days with today's hardware? Doesn't the Linux kernel's tickless make this a non-issue now?

            Comment


            • #16
              "This is going to happen."

              Is this journalism now? Where's the source? Link to the SIGGRAPH owned webpage that says "talk by Valve on Left 4 Dead 2 running on Linux".

              I have looked on the SIGGRAPH 2012 website, but it's horribly designed and finding specific information on it is impossible. So, Michael, link the source of your information please.

              Comment


              • #17
                http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Left+4+Dead+2+L...+FPS+in+OpenGL (link to Khronos web-site).
                Don't thank me.

                Comment

                Working...
                X