Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Sam 3 Will Be On Steam For Linux

Phoronix: Serious Sam 3 Will Be On Steam For Linux

As shown last week, Serious Sam 3 is running on Linux. This will be one of the launch titles for the Steam client on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there any official announcement regarding Serious Sam 3 coming to linux via steam? No doubt it will, but I'd like to know the source anyhow.

Comment

Michael, where did you find that screenshot?

Comment

Hoping they re-release 1&2.

Especially 2, I wasn't really able to get the linux version to work, had to play it using wine instead.

Comment

If you want a source:
          Find in-depth news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
            Awesome, I hope it works with open source drivers.
            As much as I hope this as well, it's highly unlikely, because the max the Opensource drivers support is OpenGL 3.0 as far as I know. Serious Sam 3 looks like it uses a lot of very advanced shaders, probably around the level of OpenGL 4.0 or higher

Comment

I will probably buy this and L4D2.

Looking forward to this. Haven't played a good, fun twitch-FPS since Doom & Quake days. I'll probably check with the Phoronix crowd after release to see how it runs before I purchase though - I've seen some comments regarding a "broken Mac port" in some forums. While I trust that Valve would continue to improve their engine and games on Linux post-release, I'm not so sure if Croteam would just do a 'dump and release' or continue to provide patches for the game afterwards.

Comment

Could be 3.2 i think

I remember making a mod for Serious Sam second encounter back in the early 2000's.

Comment

Good, but .....

This is all very good for Linux but I'd rather see a Call of Duty client instead. Until gaming companies get their heads out of Microsoft's rear end then don't hold your breath for any mainsteam games being developed or ported to Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by seraphim View Post
                    This is all very good for Linux but I'd rather see a Call of Duty client instead. Until gaming companies get their heads out of Microsoft's rear end then don't hold your breath for any mainsteam games being developed or ported to Linux.
                    How is SS3 and Left 4 dead 2 not mainstream?

Comment

Working...
                    X