No announcement yet.

Serious Sam 3 Will Be On Steam For Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't forget that OpenGL 4 is roughly DX11. most of the games still use DX9 which is covered with OpenGL 3 and OpenGL 3.3 is equivalent of DX10.1.
    when it will be available on linux steam i will defiently buy it. i considered it before.
    IMHO steam on linux greatly increased chances for rage on linux.

Comment

Another thing..

I'm also interested to see what framerates croteam are getting from the game.. from my experience with windows, Serious Sam 3's framerate can dip quite a bit despite me having a dual 5870s. I think it's CPU bottlenecked but I'm not sure

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix
        ..., it looks like the game will be shipping to Linux desktop gamers once the Steam Linux client is officially announced.
        That was the promise from Roman (Croteam CEO) and Alen (Croteam CTO) on their speech about making of Serious Sam held on 3rd May 2012 on Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, Zagreb.

Comment

New games coming to GNU/Linux is awesome!
          I just hope the graphic drivers will be able to handle them...
          As much as I appreciate Intel and AMD's opensource efforts, I am afraid only the Nvidia blob may be good enough for "new mainstream" games.

Comment

First and foremost, I believe at some point in the past I said I would apologize for my trolling once Steam for Linux became reality, and not just a hobby side thing by someone within Valve. Therefore, Michael, I'm sorry for trolling your forums when you posted about Steam.

I'm also very happy about this situation. I'm setting aside money to buy whatever launch titles there are that interest me in the slightest. L4D and Serious Sam certainly fall within that category.

Comment

To whom it may concern:
              Serious Sam 3 is on sale (-85%) for the next 11 hours.
              It can be installed and played on the Steam Linux beta client.

Comment

Working...
              X