Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve's L4D2 "Zombie Penguins" Coming This Year

Phoronix: Valve's LD42 "Zombie Penguins" Coming This Year

The Left 4 Dead 2 web-site has been updated to further reflect last weeks' Valve Linux news: Left 4 Dead 2 will be natively released for Linux this calendar year...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE0NTk

Cool idea, but Tux with Valve in the head would be better

Comment

Michael, some weeks ago (and I'm sure you remember) I said it was coming this year around September but you said "I was totally wrong" .

Comment

For those not into Valve games, "Cold Stream" is the latest free DLC just released for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post

Cool idea, but Tux with Valve in the head would be better
          Why not Tuxified and, little a tapped? Tux the progenitor of tuxification upon the world!

Or not. Still, a tapped tux would definately be a sweet, and winky (not really winky, just damn cool) moment when you start a Valve-release in Linux and there's the back of Tux' head, releasing steam from his valve. Maybe give him a Gordon-stache and shooting Devils when Half-Life turns up.

Comment

from a marketing point of view this is like releasing diablo for Bible-OS...

Comment

Originally posted by jakubo View Post
              from a marketing point of view this is like releasing diablo for Bible-OS...
              Because penguins... don't like... zombies... ?

Comment

Cool

I like that it is announced.
                Not just some hidden small text link on some obscure page, its actually there with a big fat zombie Tux!

Comment

How exactly does this constitute an article?

Comment

Lolz. Yeah, Tux as a mascot has always been a benefit. So versatile.

I hope my Windows License of L4D2 will work with that, but even then... I might consider spending money on it (again). Well, I still dislike Steam for DRM and this kind of stuff (community part is ok though) but if that really comes true... wow.

Comment

Working...
                    X