Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Still Doesn't Know About Future Names

Phoronix: Fedora Still Doesn't Know About Future Names

The Fedora Advisory Board is still deciding what to do about future codenames for Fedora Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Easy. Just use the Universe and its stars as a guide. There are so many stars in our galaxy alone, I bet you'll never run out of names.

Comment

Numbers are just fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
        Easy. Just use the Universe and its stars as a guide. There are so many stars in our galaxy alone, I bet you'll never run out of names.
        I like this suggestion. I'd like to see release names that follow a clear theme. The current naming policy leads to names that have very little (obvious) correlation.

Comment

Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
          Originally posted by LightBit View Post
          Numbers are just fine for me.
          You could both get what you wish for, as some stars have numerical names. How about Fedora SCR 1845-6357 A? Or Fedora DEN 1048-3956? Or perhaps Fedora LHS 292?

Comment

Working...
          X