Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Post From Valve; More Linux Love Needed

Phoronix: A New Post From Valve; More Linux Love Needed

Valve's Michael Abrash has shared some additional insight this Friday morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It is a bit sad for those of us that don't want to relocate to where the cool companies are :-/
    Although of all the places I have been to, Seattle is one of the places I can almost see me staying.

Comment

Another deceptive phoronix headline. Nowhere in that blog post is there a mention of Linux.

Anyhow I cannot take this Valve/Linux thing serious until the day Valve writes something about it on their own website. If they are really serious about it that shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
        Another deceptive phoronix headline. Nowhere in that blog post is there a mention of Linux.

Anyhow I cannot take this Valve/Linux thing serious until the day Valve writes something about it on their own website. If they are really serious about it that shouldn't be a problem.
        It's too early for Valve to do any announcment. There are no reasons to also do it. They'll do it when they feel they are ready enough. Expect something like the end of this year or Q1 2013 (I suppose).

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
          Expect something like the end of this year or Q1 2013 (I suppose).
          Hahahahaha. Wrong estimate
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Hahahahaha. Wrong estimate
            Yeah.
            Expect it NEVARRRRR

Comment

hahaha. Michael, I must admit you made me laugh

Comment

+1
                Another Bullshit news :/

Comment

As far as why this blog post is being mentioned on Phoronix: Valve is still in need of more high-quality Linux talent. Just this week from one of the Valve Linux developers I hear again, "Got a ton of work to do...Need more good people. "
                  Snobs.

What's wrong with low-quality Linux talent? I would like to work at Valve too!

Comment

You can't take someone seriously? I think you should shut your god damned head after the crap you tried to pull a couple of days ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X