Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humble Bundle V Crosses Three Million Dollars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Humble Bundle V Crosses Three Million Dollars

    Phoronix: Humble Bundle V Crosses Three Million Dollars

    For those that didn't notice, the Humble Indie Bundle V today crossed the three million (US) dollar milestone and there's still nine days left...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTExMzY

  • #2
    Meanwhile, I don't think Carmageddon: Reincarnation ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...reincarnation/ ) is going to reach their goal of 600k for a Linux port. It's a shame...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
      Meanwhile, I don't think Carmageddon: Reincarnation ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...reincarnation/ ) is going to reach their goal of 600k for a Linux port. It's a shame...
      There are still 37 hours to go. I am sure it will make it!

      Comment


      • #4
        it's a shame

        Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
        There are still 37 hours to go. I am sure it will make it!
        people want to resurrect one of worst by means of morale games.
        One of very a few games which i refused to play on moral grounds.(GTA was another one)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dimko View Post
          people want to resurrect one of worst by means of morale games.
          One of very a few games which i refused to play on moral grounds.(GTA was another one)
          I am no fan of such games myself so I just don't buy them.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dimko View Post
            people want to resurrect one of worst by means of morale games.
            One of very a few games which i refused to play on moral grounds.(GTA was another one)
            Could you explain your morals? I don't get what is immoral about a game where no real people are involved.

            Comment


            • #7
              its not right

              Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
              Could you explain your morals? I don't get what is immoral about a game where no real people are involved.
              To think about certain things too.
              Thinking about little kids in a sexual way is as much wrong as actually engaging in it, it's just consequences are different.
              Just because you can imagine you can shoot off hand of lawful and reasonable Police officer or do it in a game doesn't make it any better. It is as bad, it's just we generally judge by consequence. I am one of those people who see world in black and white, where everything is either darker grey or lighter grey. And very occasionally just grey that is 50/50

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dimko View Post
                To think about certain things too.
                Thinking about little kids in a sexual way is as much wrong as actually engaging in it, it's just consequences are different.
                Just because you can imagine you can shoot off hand of lawful and reasonable Police officer or do it in a game doesn't make it any better. It is as bad, it's just we generally judge by consequence. I am one of those people who see world in black and white, where everything is either darker grey or lighter grey. And very occasionally just grey that is 50/50
                If I understand you correctly you think that thinking about something is the same as doing it? Do you also think people should be punished for thinks they have thought about?

                Do you think that people that play carmageddon think about killing people by driving a car in to them?
                Last edited by Ferdinand; 06-05-2012, 10:47 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sure

                  Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
                  If I understand you correctly you think that thinking about something is the same as doing it? Do you also think people should be punished for thinks they have thought about?
                  Judge based on consequences...
                  I have seen 14 years of age kids were laughing at pictures from crime reports, where brains were literally all around floor. Hei, they didnt kill anyone, so is it ok? No! But consequence of their actions was that I made them feel shame.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dimko View Post
                    Judge based on consequences...
                    I have seen 14 years of age kids were laughing at pictures from crime reports, where brains were literally all around floor. Hei, they didnt kill anyone, so is it ok? No! But consequence of their actions was that I made them feel shame.
                    So what is the consequence of playing carmageddon or laughing about horrible pictures? Could you point to a victim?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X