Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Game Publishing Still Silent On New Titles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Linux Game Publishing Still Silent On New Titles

    Phoronix: Linux Game Publishing Still Silent On New Titles

    It's now been four months since Linux Game Publishing saw its new CEO, but there's been no announcements since the decade-old company saw some new blood at the healm...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTExMzQ

  • #2
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Linux Game Publishing Still Silent On New Titles

    It's now been four months since Linux Game Publishing saw its new CEO, but there's been no announcements since the decade-old company saw some new blood at the healm...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTExMzQ
    I think you forgot about original LGP game and Desura:

    http://www.desura.com/company/linux-game-publishing

    "LXF: Are you tempted to create an original game?

    MS: We do have a couple of original game ideas, one of which is about half complete. It will be a fairly simple game to start off with – we're not a big-budget company. This is completely new, no one knows about this. It's very simple, it's based on Sudoku. But it's an entirely new take on the game. I can't go into details because it's still a few months away, but we're hoping we'll be able to get it out in the next six months."

    http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming...2659?artc_pg=2

    "Besides porting, are we going to see any original LGP creations in the future?

    Prior to my arrival at LGP, Michael had already started on one original creation – a puzzle game. I’m sure now that I’ve taken over the running of LGP, Michael will have more time on his hands to complete this, which will of course be published by LGP. We have a few other ideas between us and I’m very sure that in the future we’ll see several original LGP games."

    http://www.unixmen.com/interview-wit...me-publishing/

    Comment


    • #3
      I can think of only one word to describe this: pathetic.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
        I can think of only one word to describe this: pathetic.
        I think they have some problems.
        However, can you show me other company, which published 19 games for Linux?
        Last edited by gbudny; 06-05-2012, 01:01 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by gbudny View Post
          However, can you show me other company, which published 19 games for Linux?
          Wildfire Games?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
            Wildfire Games?
            This is good joke:

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildfire_Games
            http://wildfiregames.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gbudny View Post
              This is good joke
              Isn't Wildfire Games ask developers to port games to Linux for Humble Bundles?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                Isn't Wildfire Games ask developers to port games to Linux for Humble Bundles?
                No. That was Wolfire Games:

                http://www.wolfire.com/games

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gbudny View Post
                  No. That was Wolfire Games:
                  http://www.wolfire.com/games
                  Oh, you are right. So, the "Wolfire Games" will be answer for this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As Michael touched on, the problem with LGP is they compete with the Windows product, and always lose out on price and time. If they worked with the original publisher to supply and maintain a Linux port and share it with the Windows product (like what iD did with most of their Quake-based games, Q3 was a classic exception), it'd be win-win for everybody.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X