Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
    So linux users have no impulse control? Good to know.

    You don't have to look too hard to find people that has an account with GOG just for the free games. Oh and about Regional Pricing, GOG's MD says get over it.
    Oh look! They apologised for not listening to the community... Are you just being intentionally dense? Or do you have something worthwhile to add, because so far you've just blown hot air in this thread.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
      Or do you have something worthwhile to add, because so far you've just blown hot air in this thread.
      If that fails and we are required to have regional prices, we will make up the difference for you out of our own pockets. For now it will be with $5.99 and $9.99 game codes.
      Oh look, you cry babies will get a coupon. Do you need a tissue?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
        So linux users have no impulse control? Good to know.

        You don't have to look too hard to find people that has an account with GOG just for the free games. Oh and about Regional Pricing, GOG's MD says get over it.
        Any place that offers free/cheap games or free anything will have people using it just to abuse it. People were buying humble bundles for a penny and making new steam accounts to try to game a steam contest in the past.

        It would be nice to have the linux versions of games supported as well as native dosbox packaging for dos games.

        I have 60 gog games. The bulk of them run through dosbox, a handful have native linux clients available. You'd think that all of the dosbox packaged games would run smoothly via wine but some don't. Most notably, Alpha Centauri can experience many random issues (sound, general stability, etc). If you package it yourself with a native implementation of dosbox, most of them disappear.

        I appreciate the work that goes into their dosbox configuration and testing for each game. I'm not expecting all of those to come to linux overnight, but I should be able to download native linux clients for games like Trine 2 and Torchlight that have native linux clients. I've started poking around the humble store, I prefer gog though. They have a better way of viewing your game library and extras. I also like that it's a store that mostly keeps its' titles drm free (they allow drm for the online multiplayer part of titles since you usually need to access an account anyway). The Humble Store gave up on that early on, at least they do encourage it and still show it off. They don't allow for limiting searches to drm-free titles only.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by srkelley5 View Post
          Any place that offers free/cheap games or free anything will have people using it just to abuse it. People were buying humble bundles for a penny and making new steam accounts to try to game a steam contest in the past.
          That wasn't a contest, that was Steam's Winter Sale and the only time achievements meant anything.

          The bulk of them run through dosbox, a handful have native linux clients available.
          So, what's stopping you from extracting the dos games from their installer and setting up your distribution's version of dosbox to run those games? Absolutely nothing.

          I should be able to download native linux clients for games like Trine 2 and Torchlight that have native linux clients.
          You can download linux clients for those games, from a store that supports linux. You wouldn't expect the Microsoft App Store to provide apps for your iPhone, so why should GOG provide games for linux?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
            That wasn't a contest, that was Steam's Winter Sale and the only time achievements meant anything.



            So, what's stopping you from extracting the dos games from their installer and setting up your distribution's version of dosbox to run those games? Absolutely nothing.



            You can download linux clients for those games, from a store that supports linux. You wouldn't expect the Microsoft App Store to provide apps for your iPhone, so why should GOG provide games for linux?
            You seem unable to read the things your quoting, fuck off and die troll.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
              You seem unable to read the things your quoting, fuck off and die troll.
              Awww, are you going to cry?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                Awww, are you going to cry?
                Hah, you're such a lame troll. What you gonna do if people ignore you, cry like a baby boo hoo, did yogi diddums wet his nappy again?

                Comment


                • GOG.com Are Going To Support Linux, Confirmed!

                  http://www.gamingonlinux.com/article...confirmed.3288

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                    You can download linux clients for those games, from a store that supports linux. You wouldn't expect the Microsoft App Store to provide apps for your iPhone, so why should GOG provide games for linux?
                    Stick that up your arse you god damned cunt.

                    Comment


                    • Comment

                      Working...
                      X